Thread: SB sound cards Whats the difference?

SB sound cards Whats the difference?

I am supposed to upgrade a computer for our church for sound recording. We don't need anything especially fancy(stereo, good quality, full duplex), but can someone please tell me the difference between audigy, audigy se, audigy2, etc.? Thanks!

I'm not a pro when it comes to sound cards, but if you haven't bought any yet, I can point you towards an excelent site where you can find all of those and more.

http://www.pricewatch.com/

priewatch wil give youb est prices for sound cards but frankly you can buy mixers fairly cheaply and/or software should be used for editing, etc. Just buying the right sound card won't do what you want.

try here and here

and google around - lot of helpful sites out there....

thanks so far. . .
    I am familiar with Pricewatch and use it regularly. Limited descriptions of products there don't help much on the question I have. I am very familiar with mixers, etc. We use Goldwave to record and edit, Roxio, etc. to burn CD's, and use a Yamaha 32 channel analog mixer to I/O to the computer along with other voices and instruments. I just want a good soundcard that is fully capable of full duplex operation. No gaming bells and wistles are really needed.