Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Problem running HP System Restore discs...HELP!!

Quote Originally Posted by Midknyte
    you mean you were running it on a known good computer? um, yeah then it probably wouldn't have found errors.

looks like you got bad ram. it could also be the motherboard, but swap the ram. now you know why i said "first things first".

Well, no, not exactly. I ran it on the bad computer and then realized I had no idea what to look for when it was running. So I ran it on the good computer and quickly saw the difference. I'm computer-dumb, but not quite that dumb.

I'll see if I can figure out what kind of RAM it needs and pick some up. BTW, how can I tell if it has one or two pieces of RAM, and if it's two, could I just remove one and repeat the test? Sort of narrow it down that way.

you never said what model you have.

you should be able to run single sticks. test each one to find out which is the baddie.

you can also go to crucial.com and run the memory configurator to find out what your setup is.

Quote Originally Posted by Midknyte
    you never said what model you have.

you should be able to run single sticks. test each one to find out which is the baddie.

you can also go to crucial.com and run the memory configurator to find out what your setup is.

Is there a way, without opening the case, to tell if it has one or two sticks in it now?

just look in the bios. it should tell you there.