Thread: Major graphics issues....

Major graphics issues....

I am running hte following:

Microsoft Windows XP 2000

AMD ATHLON Dual Core Processor (4400+)

2 GB of DDR-400 RAM

latest Nvidia drivers TWO eVGA 256-P2-N527-AX Geforce 7800GTX 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 VIVO PCI Express x16 Video Graphics Cards. Both are running in SLI mode.

These all run off an ASUS A8N-SLI Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard.

Dell 2405FPW 24 (1920 x 1200) inch flat panel monitor that runs HD games in 16:10

I tried to run Call of Duty 2 at full settings and the [bleep] THING is skipping frames and stuttering. The same thing occured with the RAINBOW SIX: LOCKDOWN demo. Games like Battlefield 2 and Halflife 2 are running beautifully, but these last two are laggy at best.

I'm not one to brag, but I DID spend a lot of money on 2 HIGH END video cards for SLI performance on a superior system for a REASON...and it was mostly for gaming at full capabilities. Is it an engine issue? Should I be tweaking anything? Like I said...some games run at full 16X Anisotropic at beautiful rates, yet some (like COD2) lag at high settings.

Any help would be appreciated!!!

-SV

I remember in the COD2 demo it had some option for SLi in graphics options. Did you make sure that was checked?

That I did. It actually SLOWED the performance down even further.

I think your dual core processor is the likely culprit. I would focus your efforts in that direction. I seem to recall a patch for COD2 and dual core processors but not sure. Give google a whirl...