Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Can I use the same 25-digit Windows XP product key on the same system twice?

The one on the sticker was another product key that my dad could use if he reinstalls, but since the one on the sticker is now used and I got the original code that Toshiba used to activate Windows XP on my dad's laptop at the factory, I can give him the original product key and then he can reinstall, if he needs to. But he had his laptop for 6-7 months and it's running with no problems at all.

The product key that was detected by Jellybean was definitely different from the one on the sticker.

One more question, I have this program called "XP KeY ReCoVeRER AND DiSCOVErER 5.12" and I have generated 32 product keys for my computer that the program claims as "valid keys". It was written before SP1 was released (program made in 2001 or 2002), and I heard that XP intial-release product keys only work with XP intial-release, SP1 product keys only work with XP SP1, and SP2 product keys only work with XP SP2.

I haven't tested these generated product keys to really work with my computer, but I doubt they will work, and Microsoft thinking they are valid genuine keys. As a bonus, the program also generates product keys for Office XP Pro/Plus, and Visio XP Pro.

You really just don't get it...do you? Did you actually read the UAP (User acceptance policy) when you signed up?

What you're advocating is piracy...which isn't allowed here.

http://www.sysopt.com/forum/faq/faq4.html#Pol2

You do know how to read, right? We don't advocate illegal piracy of copyrighted materials here....

Oh, I didn't know key generators were a form of piracy. I'm sorry, and can anybody please close this thread!

I'm getting tired of it.

I don't know what the word advocate means.

Besides, I didn't really use that generator program to make product keys, I just tryed it out and later deleted the program without using its generated keys. I tried it out in 2002, and it deleted the generator from my hard drive also in 2002. I will pay the price I need to pay to get another copy of Windows XP. I am running genuine Windows XP Home Edition, and I paid for the product key I am using.
    Last edited by Newbie2; 02-20-2006 at 02:49 PM.

I have proof, it's attached to this post. When I built my system, I let my friend install Windows XP for me, and I paid him the usual amount of money a copy of Windows XP Home Edition OEM would cost ($140).
    Attached Images Attached Images

If you're tired of this thread, then stop adding to it...let it lie.
    You're not proving anything to me...

I'M NOT A PIRATE!

Maybe...but you're using Pirate tools.

This is just common logic. You have to purchase an XP CD Key or product key for EACH and EVERY computer you install the operating system on. Same goes for Office. You do understand that point, right?

So...by getting a program that randomly generates product keys...that you flat out DID NOT pay for...that is pirating.

You're either very naive or a liar....and frankly I don't care which.
    Get over it, and let this thread die, please.

Over and out...
    MS MCP, MCSE