Thread: What should I get

What should I get

Hi everyone,

I'm moving my home based business into a building and need to get a GOOD starter system.
    The computer should be capable of doing 2D graphics (Corel, etc.) with good speed and also will need a 19" monitor.
    Need at least 1G of memory and need at least 250G harddrive space.
    I've built my own computers in the past but with so many low-priced systems out there I was wondering if I should jump and get some good deals that are available.
    Also, needed is a laptop for when I am on the road for doing the business sales and such.
    Remember, money is tight and if it wasn't I would just go out and buy the best system out there and wouldn't need to ask all of you these questions. But, you input is greatly appreciated.
    Where would be the best product for the best money. Also I would like it if they offered a monthly payment or a lease program for the merchandise.

Thank you,
    Craig

This is a wide open question that will more than likely get you no where...
    How much budget do you have total?
    You could build a pretty good desktop PC and have a nice 19" flat panel for 2 D for probably less than 1000 bucks. A good LCD will take up about 1/3 of that budget.
    You could probably build a mild AMD 64 bit system for that much.

However...since you specifically mentioned financing and lease programs, I'd see what HP, Dell and Gateway could offer you off the bat. Then...see if Best Buy, Circuit City, Micro Center, etc., offer a credit card with 90 days same as cash, etc., and that might be easier....

You're going to have to balance and decide if a direct manufacturer and their financing makes more sense than a credit card from a store.

Many times, a company will lease you eqiupment for 2 or 3 years, and have a dollar buyout at the end of the lease.

There are simply too many solutions... I hope I gave you a few viable options to think about....