Thread: World of Warcraft Issues!

World of Warcraft Issues!

Hey all,

I have been playing world of warcraft for almost a year now. All of the sudden the past 2 or 3 weeks my CPU usage is anywhere from 90-99% from WoW.exe. The total CPU usage is constantly at 98-100% total. World of Warcraft is supposed to use all RAM/Video Card and typically uses about 10-15% CPU Usage. I now constantly lag from this and i can not figure out what is going on. I have updated every driver that i can think of. The only thing i have yet to update is my BIOS. I have done all system updates available and I'm now flat out stumpped. Here are my system specs:

Athlon XP 64bit 3500+
    Nvidia 6800 GT Ultra 256 MEG
    ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe MB
    2 GIG's of Mushkin Level II Black RAM
    Creative X-Fi Sound Card
    WD Raptor 74 GIG
    and a few storage drives

My system has never ever had any issues running WoW before. I have always played in windowed mode on dual 19inh LCD monitors, while watching TV with my TV Tuner and chatting on Trillian and browsing the web litterally with no issues. Does anyone have ideas as to what could be the problem? I dont know if my CPU is going or if i am missing something. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Delete your WTF, Interface, and WDB files...probably too many mods running or something...dunno. make sure the right ports are open on your router. make sure you don't have conflicting drivers. check to see if other games lag out and your isp isn't farting around.

and do a virus scan and a microsoft spyware scan...

Yea, i've tried that all...and none of that would really explain my 90% CPU usage (i dont think anyways). Thank you though for the post. Any other ideas?

Maybe try unistaling and reinstalling the game. Also before you reinstall you might want to create a restore point. Just in case something goes wrong. Also try posting on teh Blizzard forums they might be helpful there.
    -BTY
    Dear Diary,
    Jackpot!
    -Quagmire

I beleive the game recently went through heavy change that made it beat up cpu and ram. About a month ago I could play smoothly and had short loading time coming in and out of battle ground but after patch 1.9 choppy fps that I had to lower my graphic settings.. I'm unhappy about it right now. I've formated my computer and reinstalled the game because of this issue. It hasnt helped much.

I dont know why it's happening to your system when it's way better than what I have.
    ASRock 939Dual-SATA2 | Athlon 64 3000+ @280x9 1.45v | Sapphire Radeon x850xt PE @ 600/600*2 | 2x1GB Gskill PC3200 Dual Channel | WD 36GB Raptor | WD Caviar 250GB SE16 | Sound Blaster Live! 5.1

Yea, but i've talked to alot of people and even with the new patch they are all using 10-15% cpu usage. I have formatted again recently and still no change at all. WoW runs like ****! =\ I've posted on the WoW tech suport forums, so hopefully someone there can help me a little more.

sounds like a virus or spyware or something - i've had 0 changes in my running of WoW; in fact, things have actually gotten less laggy.