Thread: Sound Card Drivers

Sound Card Drivers

Should I uninstall the AC97 Audio drivers that came with my on-board sound? I have a decent Soundblaster card and didn't know if those drivers would cause any conflicts with each other.

Not sure, but doesn't installing the card shut off the codecs?

I would uninstall them, just to be sure. You will also have to turn the onboard sound off in BIOS.

I noticed yesterday that I have two sound devices.

1/2 was the Sound Blaster
    2/2 was the AC97 Codecs

Everything seems to be working good though, so I don't think any conflicts are going to happen. I might disable the ac97 soon though just to be safe.

You may notice now in your audio properties page {rt click on volume icon on toolbar, then properties} that it will have both cards shown and ask wich one to use as priority default.

I just did that same thing... after i could not open my console ( mutimedia Ctr ) in the Audigy menu ... all were not working and had driver incompativle problems.) so i uninstalled the realtek AC 97' auido..installed the latest one.... THEN reinstalled my sound card stuff and downloaded and installed th latest drivers..and all works prefect now.... Do it in that order above....
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS