Thread: AGP compatability

AGP compatability

Hi,

Im looking to upgrade my old PCI graphics card with a new AGP one. According to diagnostic I've run my AGP slot will only support x4 cards.

Are there any decent x4 cards out there which will run newer games at a good speed? I'm prob getting a new sytem in a around a year so this will just be a stop-gap till then,

thanks

you can buy an agp 8x card. they are backwards compatible down to an agp 4x slot.

Best of Video Cards & Monitors - Look at the AGP compatibility link

Agp cards atleast in the more modern flavors are getting more and more rare but you could do a 6600gt. It will run the new games and last ya for a good bit.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130220

There are alot of older cheaper cards if thats what your looking for just search newegg they still have alot.

I would check the auctions too. I bought a gforce2 for under 30.00 last year. I realize your looking for newer but I stuck this in a p2. I would start by looking at what games your wanting to play. If your not processing over 1 gig You wont be able to touch some newer games. Oh you may be able to load and play, but what good is it if you have drop all the graphics and features. Is n't this what makes the newer games so cool.

I am also looking for a better card for my 3 year old com. Coz my Gigabyte radeon 7500 give me many problem like startup problem, game flickering and so on. Any recommendations on specific cards so i too can try to look for it at shops or online auction sites.