Thread: DFI LANPARTY SWITCH

DFI LANPARTY SWITCH

Hi all. Recently got a LANParty and for the life of me, I cant figure out how to disable the onboard power switch. The manual isnt very specific and Ive gone through the BIOS, but I wasnt able to find it. Is it a jumper or something or did I overlook it on the BIOS. Thanks.
    -TheCapt

With the power switch bypassed, how would you turn it on and off? Are you refering to the power witch lead from the case that connects to the multi-pin header for front panel led's, reset, power, hhd, ect? Sorry if I am missing something...

No, on the mobo, there is a switch for power and reset. Default, those switches are primary. The case button doesnt work. All cables/jumps/leads are properly connected. The onboard is described to be helpful for DIYers. the DFI is popular board so I know Im not the first person w/this problem. Ive check the reviews/comments on newegg but I havent found anything helpful.
    -TheCapt

*bump*
    -TheCapt

I don't get it. In the first post, you ask how to disable the switch. In the second, you say it doesn't work. Which is it?
    MS MCP, MCSE

I would like to disable the onboard switch, so that I can use the case button freely, instead of keeping my case open and hunkin down to turn on my rig. Thanks Bill.
    -TheCapt

I still don't understand. What are you wanting to use the case button for?

If you disable the "onboard switch", how are you planning on turning the PC on?

You really have to spell this out. Most of us use the case button and connect it to the PWRBTN header.
    MS MCP, MCSE

lol, ok are you familiar w/the LANparty Bill? It has two little buttons ON THE MOBO, intended for DIY users who keep there cases open and tinker and fuss w/their stuff (one button for on/off one for reset). The power button ON THE CASE is connected properly, as are the HDD lights, etc etc. All the connections are fine. However, the MOBO buttons are the defaults and over ride the case button. I believe that the settings are most likely in the BIOS somewhere, but I have yet to find it. Here's what I need to know.

How can I deactivate the DIY power/reset buttons on the mobo, so that the buttons on my case will become functional. Did I get it this time?
    -TheCapt

I understand what your asking, but I am not familiar with the mobo. Sounds intresting, I could use a few mobos with onboard switchs.
    Samsung SyncMaster 2343bwx
    XFX 680i LT
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
    4x OCZ SLI-Ready DDR2 800MHz 2048MB
    2x eVGA GeForce GTX 465 SC SLI
    Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST31000528AS 1TB
    LiteON DH20A3H
    LG GGW-H20L
    LG GSA-H10L
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

I finally understand the question, but I have no idea why DFI would have one override the other. The manual says nothing about this?
    MS MCP, MCSE

Are there any jumpers near the multi-pin header that may give priority to onboard vs front pannel access? Mabey a jumper with a 1-2 default for onboard and a 2-3 for front pannel? Just throwing ideas your way.....

Hmm i've got one of these boards.. with the onboard switch. It doesnt override anything. Check to make sure you connected everything properly.

The point is to make it user-friendly. So you can use the one on the board when you are in the case or the one outside the case when you arent in the case. How user-friendly would it be if you had to switch a jumper every time you wanted to use the onboard switch?

Everything is properly connected. The manual is ok, definately not the best. Really doesnt make a distinction. I think something is either wrong w/the case (its new so it could be) or the mobo. Im going to switch some stuff out and figure this out.

It really does make sense that they should both work, but the case button never did and everything was hooked up correctly (and DFI has this whole thing about how great it is in the manual) so I assumed that you'd have to use one or the other.

Ill post later w/my findings.
    -TheCapt

RTFM ! Setting is in bios.
    Most people think,
    Great God will come from the skies,
    Take away everything
    And make everybody feel high.
    But if you know what life is worth,
    You will look for yours on earth:
    And now you see the light,
    You stand up for your rights. jah!