Thread: Weepy college frosh nabbed for high-tech price-switch scheme

Weepy college frosh nabbed for high-tech price-switch scheme

I Pod for 5 bucks

DECEMBER 2--Jonathan Baldino is no master criminal. The 19-year-old University of Colorado freshman just got arrested for a harebrained scheme in which he replaced the bar codes on expensive electronic items at Target with homemade bar codes carrying rock-bottom prices, according to the below Boulder Police Department arrest affidavit. Baldino's swapping spree ended Wednesday when he tried to buy a $149.99 iPod speaker system that carried a phony bar code with a $4.99 pricetag.

Baldino was detained by store security and turned over to cops, who hit the electrical engineering student with a felony forgery rap and two misdemeanor theft counts (he allegedly bilked Target out of $370). In a marvelous police statement, Baldino, pictured at right in a Boulder County Sheriff's Office booking photo, wrote, "I am a 19 year old boy who has never really been in trouble for anything in my life...I will NEVER EVER DO THIS EVER AGAIN & I am once more terribly sorry! I have never even stolen a candy bar from a 7-eleven before!!! Please let me go for I am terribly sorry!!! I'm only a kid! Help me out. I just want to go home. I did this not knowing of the serious penalty that lies behind it. Please! Please! Please! I am scared half to death." In a follow-up statement, Baldino added, "I am extremely sad now, & I just want to go to bed. Please let me sleep in my own bed tonight.

what a plonker !
    Lifes a *****, and then you marry one.

Toss his @rse in a deep hole for a few months,, that'll learn the whiney crybaby

Quote Originally Posted by leprechaun_40
    Toss his @rse in a deep hole for a few months,, that'll learn the whiney crybaby

The death penalty would learn 'em as well!

And his parents too

The problem was that he was thinking too small.
    Now, if he'd screwed around with some electronic voting machines to record phony votes he'd be the prez by now.

Quote Originally Posted by gringo
    I Pod for 5 bucks

"I am a 19 year old boy who has never really been in trouble for anything in my life...I will NEVER EVER DO THIS EVER AGAIN & I am once more terribly sorry! I have never even stolen a candy bar from a 7-eleven before!!! Please let me go for I am terribly sorry!!! I'm only a kid! Help me out. I just want to go home. I did this not knowing of the serious penalty that lies behind it. Please! Please! Please! I am scared half to death." In a follow-up statement, Baldino added, "I am extremely sad now, & I just want to go to bed. Please let me sleep in my own bed tonight.

what a plonker !
    Errr, There is 19 year old MEN fighting in Iraq. I suggest this BOY be given a choice. Go to Iraq, or go to jail.

I figger jail would look nice and cozy to him if he was given my choices.

WIMP!!!

Thats a nice choice. I'm sure the wimpering coward would choose jail.

There actually used to be a program where in some cases, depending on the crime the judge could offer a young man that choice.

The military decided it no longer would take people with a criminal record and the "enlist or jail" choice became a non factor.

I'd say he wouldn't make it in the military anyway since at the age of 19 he still considers himself a BOY!

Complete & Utter Member j.m@talk's Avatar
    This story should be featured on the Larry King show ................ & if he gets back from iraq on the right side of a zip up baggy ......... He should be made to go & be interviewed by Larry

Then shot

His family shot

The house burned to the ground

his county Nuked

Quote Originally Posted by j.m@talk
    This story should be featured on the Larry King show ................ & if he gets back from iraq on the right side of a zip up baggy ......... He should be made to go & be interviewed by Larry

Then shot

His family shot

The house burned to the ground

his county Nuked
    And then he should be slapped around for crying like a little wuss for getting caught stealing. Little thief, I hopes they stick him in jail with a big mean homo rapist. That'll learn him not to switch price fingys.