Thread: Who lives in OZ ?

Who lives in OZ ?

If I am correct ZYBCH comes from Australia, but who else out there, and preferrably in the Melbourne area ?

The reason I ask, is that I will hopefully be visiting Australia in the middle of Feb to get some background info on the Melbourne area to start up a new business out there in about 18 months time.

What I need is somebody local to help with the sourcing of any hardware I might need, and build and possibly update a website for me on a regular basis. Also there knowledge of everything else such as mobile networks and DSL , web domain application & hosting ect. will be invaluable to me in the beginning.

I am hoping the time and money it will save me initially, will cover the cost of hiring somebody in to help get it all set up and keep it running.

So if anybody out there might be interested then I would be like to hear from them.

Thanks in advance

Gringo.

Lifes a *****, and then you marry one.

Complete & Utter Member j.m@talk's Avatar
    Yeah ya right ....... Zibby is from Oz ....... Wiv a spattering of Werz ....... However if its buis in Oz ya need I can cater for ya needs ......... Ok I'm not in Oz myself, however my base of representatives will cater for your Comp orentated needs

Right Wadda ya want ?

Thanks for the offer, what I really need is local knowledge, and sound local advice.

I expect my hardware/software budget being between 15/20 K.

The software I need will be sourced here in Holland, and the rest is fairly basic.

The business I will be setting up is a flower wholesale company, so it's all barcodes, scanners, a few pc's etc. but if you think it's of interest, PM me and give me your phone number and i'll give you a call.

cheers

Gringo

So basically we are throwing together a database which will overall controll yas I/0 of warehousing, with a lil logistics thrown in for good measure, not ignoring a standard fiscal base; with the inclusion of the corp finance ?................ you need other fields here ?............... This is simple stuff from what I can see....... However a sound partnership is the better angle ....... Rarther than rough shod, from here & there ......

The DB for the logistics is pretty well covered. I will be looking at handhelds using an integrated program covering all the codes used in the VBA auctions (flower auction product code's) which is about 16000 product's at the moment.

There are a couple of companies here in Holland which have programs which integrate the VBA codes into basic fiscal programs (purchase, sales, o/heads etc) to cover the basic needs which I think are required initially.

I have a big advantage with software, being the fact that my present employer is an ex programmer, and he has written a nummer of programs specific for the flower export/import/wholesale business.

What I need is as you say are the basic simple needs. In Holland I know all the ins and outs of where to source software and hardware, but if I am am in OZ I don't have the foggiest idea of where to look for a good software or hardware supplier,DSL, mobile phones etc etc.

Like I mentioned, drop me a line, and i'll give you a call.

It's now time for bed cos the alarm goes of in 4 hours to get up for work.

That's the fun workin with flowers !!!!!!

You have all you need right to hand ...... Immediately ........... Take 5 mobos of your choice, 5 hdds, 5 sets O' mem..... Obviously you will of set all these up prior .......& all you need add at the Aus end are cases & psu's Kb's etc .......mons & stuff .......... Make your transition as easy as possible ...... The goods I have described will take all of a quarter of 1 case ..... Take the Hdd's in hand luggage .......... J&Z will deal with your other bits & bobs

A lappy fullly loaded is a option ......... Plus a back up Hdd stored (Via Uncle JM) is optional

Laptop was bought just recently with this in mind, but as for taking spares and building my own pc's. I don't think i'll have the time.

It might be an idea to build them here. I've got a container to ship all my other belongings anyway.