Thread: Windows- No Disk error message

Windows- No Disk error message

Hey,

I constantly receive this very annoying message in Windows about having "No disk in drive". No matter how many times I click Cancel, it never goes away. It also prevents me from ripping tracks off my CD-Rom, and I get some kind of Disk Currently in Use error message. Does anyone know how to get rid of this? I was thinking about trying to completely have Windows rebuild my devices. Do you know how this can be done? I attached an example of the error message.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

did you run a spyware scan? what cdrw programs do you have?

Please press ALT-Print Screen instead of just Print Screen when taking screen captures so that only the window in front is captured. Making us download your entire desktop is asking too much.

It looks like either your disks are dirty or the laser lens needs cleaning.
    MS MCP, MCSE

Quote Originally Posted by Midknyte
    did you run a spyware scan? what cdrw programs do you have?
    Yes I ran Spybot S&D, Adware, and Microsoft Antispyware. I have Nero 7 and I use Winamp for my music.

Quote Originally Posted by BipolarBill
    Please press ALT-Print Screen instead of just Print Screen when taking screen captures so that only the window in front is captured. Making us download your entire desktop is asking too much.

It looks like either your disks are dirty or the laser lens needs cleaning.
    My bad, I'll have to remember to do Alt-Print Screen. I thought it was the drive too, but I have both a DVD-Rom and a DVD-R/RW burner, and both display the same problem when any music disk is put into it, one of the CDs was only 4 days old too. Any other ideas?

Thanks

i think nero 7 has an drive emulator. i'm working right now, so i'll have to check later. try uninstalling nero7 and reinstall with out the image drive option.