ok, first the bad news. Starship troopers is the most terrible piece of rubbish i've ever had the misfortune of playing. it looks like golden eye for the N64 with some specular effects thrown in, yet it's more of a resource hog than FEAR.
the game crashes constantly, and the lighting glitches in everyroom. seriously, in 80% of the places you go, if you look at the right angle, all the walls and floors will totally black out, if you keep your vision sweeping back over it, it clicks back on. it's just sloppy, i can't believe anyone would market this.
just so you know, i'm totally up to date and have 0 problems with other games, the version of the game was the latest.

think i'm a putz? here: official review

now the good news: Gun is awesome.
i'm buying this game, it's a blast. no, it's not of special polish, or particularly pretty, and yes it stutters sometimes when entering new areas, but it's some of the most fun i've had in awhile.
think GTA set in the wild west with a FAR superior combat system. and it's a good thing because gun battles are of the utmost importance. story line's rather involving, i actually cared what happened to Colton next. Only real complaint i've read in the official reviews is thtat there isn't alot that inhabits the expansive world, but there are a ton of mini games and the west was rather desolate, i think it fits the game well and didn't take anything away from it for me. only thing i'd change is to about double it's length, mini games aside, it's short. all in all i'm very happy with this game as a stepping stone between FEAR and the next "game of the year" type release.