Thread: tried out gun and sst

Hybrid View

tried out gun and sst

ok, first the bad news. Starship troopers is the most terrible piece of rubbish i've ever had the misfortune of playing. it looks like golden eye for the N64 with some specular effects thrown in, yet it's more of a resource hog than FEAR.
    the game crashes constantly, and the lighting glitches in everyroom. seriously, in 80% of the places you go, if you look at the right angle, all the walls and floors will totally black out, if you keep your vision sweeping back over it, it clicks back on. it's just sloppy, i can't believe anyone would market this.
    just so you know, i'm totally up to date and have 0 problems with other games, the version of the game was the latest.

think i'm a putz? here: official review

now the good news: Gun is awesome.
    i'm buying this game, it's a blast. no, it's not of special polish, or particularly pretty, and yes it stutters sometimes when entering new areas, but it's some of the most fun i've had in awhile.
    think GTA set in the wild west with a FAR superior combat system. and it's a good thing because gun battles are of the utmost importance. story line's rather involving, i actually cared what happened to Colton next. Only real complaint i've read in the official reviews is thtat there isn't alot that inhabits the expansive world, but there are a ton of mini games and the west was rather desolate, i think it fits the game well and didn't take anything away from it for me. only thing i'd change is to about double it's length, mini games aside, it's short. all in all i'm very happy with this game as a stepping stone between FEAR and the next "game of the year" type release.
    i so pretty yes i am... pretty pretty dancing

Where can I find the demo ?

I have been looking on the web to try and find it, but I haven't had any joy.

Anybody give me pointer in the right direction.

Cheers

Gringo
    Lifes a *****, and then you marry one.

they weren't demos, i checked out versions of the full games via stores, friends, etc.

thats a bummer.

I was hoping to try this one out first before I spend my hard earnt money.

Never mind, i'm sure that one will come out some time soon.

well there is a demo out there for sst, if you don't like the demo, don't get the game. and if you do... still probably don't get the game as the real deal runs worse.

Ultimate Member
    For anyone interested, theyve started writing the script for the Movie version of "Gun"

--Jakk

i've been watching the clips for gun, and I must admit there is a lot that looks like dead mans hand.

Graphics seem better, but it doesn't seem that original. Must admit that dead mans hand was fun to play.

Maybe for the less wealthy ones out there, a fun alternative because dead mans hand was out about a year ago.

As for a film, who can name a good film based on a game ??????

eh, dead man's hand was run of the mill FPS tripe.
    i find this quite fresh.

I saw the clips for "Gun" also and it really intrigued me. From what I saw of it I tend to agree that after playing Dead Mans Hand myself...this looked fresh as you put it and more involved and better s far as storyline and details.

Definitely one to keep on the lookout for..
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

I've actually finished gun now, and it is quite short.
    besides that, i found it most enthralling.
    make sure you do the miniquests otherwise it'll be over before you know it.