Thread: Second Life

Second Life

This game is the only game I played that my system is completely beaten up when playing that game..

Very graphic intense! graphic settings at minium and geting 4-9 fps.. My point is what can I do to improve the preformance with that game without buying a new system or blowing a lot dough on this sytem?

Current system specs
    Athlon XP 1900+ (stock)
    ATI Radeon 9800 PRO (Cant overclock otherwise artifact everywhere)
    768mb PC2100
    ECS k7s5a
    ASRock 939Dual-SATA2 | Athlon 64 3000+ @280x9 1.45v | Sapphire Radeon x850xt PE @ 600/600*2 | 2x1GB Gskill PC3200 Dual Channel | WD 36GB Raptor | WD Caviar 250GB SE16 | Sound Blaster Live! 5.1

I'd go for the highest CPU your motherboard can handle; it'll depend on what PCB revision that motherboard is, but if it's a 3.1 you'll probably be able to go up to a 2600+ (check here: http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWeb/Product...uID=26&LanID=9). Your graphics card is quite allright though.
    I'm also intrigued that a game whose minimum requirements are a P3 @ 800MHz, 256MB of RAM and a GeForce2 won't run a little better on your computer, since it largely exceeds them...

Standard steps ;
    sweep the system for virii, spy ware ad ware and other pests.
    minimise the number of items in your task bar
    defrag your drives
    Use a registry cleaner to get rid of loose ends.
    update your OS
    update all of your drivers.
    check your services and stop or eliminate those that you do not need.
    check for patches at the games website and apply them.

hope it helps!
    Enjoy!

this is the most boring "game" ever

it is not even a game

is more like a old fashion IRC + 3D to hit on girls and stuff

it's extremely boring
    i7-3970X, Corsair H80, 32GB G.SKILL, ASUS RAMPAGE4 Formula, VG278H(3x27")+3D Vision2, EVGA GTX 690(x2), OCZ ZX1250W, 256GB Vertex4(x2), Seagate 3TB(x5), Antec LanBoyAir, Logitech G510, G600, Z560THX, T.Flight Hotas, PZ35, Sennheiser PC163D, TrackIR5

If you had PC 2700 RAM or better yet, 3200, you could download one of the unofficial BIOS' that allow you to change the FSB on this motherboard and then switch to a 2500+ Bzrton core that should easily hit 2800+ speeds. Are you using XP? Maybe a downgrade to 98SE would help because of lower overhead in the OS. Other than what was already suggested (killing all non-essential procs, etc.) you may be at a dead end without dropping some $$. Slow RAM, slow CPU, a motherboard that was at best a value board in its day = low FPS when gaming. Not what you wanted to hear, I'm sure. Sorry.