Thread: Interactive PDF - fill in the blank PDF

Interactive PDF - fill in the blank PDF

Does anyone know if Adobe offers a pluggin to allow users to create PDF fill in the blank forms in Acrobat. If not, are there any free ones out there for this option?

-Zack
    Two Words: "Tian Xia"

~ Hero - Yimou Zhang, Jet Li, Tony Leung, Maggie Cheung, Donnie Yen, Daoming Chen, Ziyi Zhang

You're talking about the full version of Acrobat if you want to create fillable forms. you can't do it with a reader plugin.

there are alternatives like CutePDF. the basic writer is free.
    http://www.cutepdf.com/

Not quite free, but you can do it for $39. That's quite a bit cheaper than the full Acrobat.
    http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_pro.php

Yes, the full version of Acrobat does the trick, but a bit different from your typical GUI on Win software, so the form-building interface is a bit clunky if you build a form intuitively. The easiest is to find an already-made form to take a peek at first and even to potentially copy/paste from. But, once you've made one - or if you have a template, then it's not so bad. I've not used any of the other PDF-makers out there. Incidentally, the full version will also convert from other file formats to your PDF, so you can start by creating a Word doc or HTML doc and convert. Overall, I wasn't too thrilled with how this played out in terms of preserving the formatting.

In fairness, I've only built two forms - have not logged tons of time on it, but it took me a lot of hours to get done what should have only taken an hour or less.

mrk
    Lian Li PC71A Silver Aluminum Tower
    Intel Core i7-920 2.66 GHz LGA 1366
    Corsair XMS3 12GB
    Velociraptor WD300GLFS
    Asus P6T Deluxe and EN9600GT Silent
    Vista Ultimate 64-bit
    Zalman ZM850-HP

BigRedHosting.com