It's been a while
I haven't built a computer in a long time so I am kind of out of date in terms knowing how to build a PC. However, I have kept up with the technology.
I have a few questions that I hope you guys can help me answer.
I am buying parts for my new computer and I am not sure what I need to buy on some parts.
Here are the main parts that I bought so far... my system is going to be a SLI system...
CPU: Athlon64 X2 3800+
Memory: 2GB OCZ Dual Channel Platinum Memory DDR400 PC3200
Graphics Card: (2) eVGA Geforce 7800GT 256MB
Motherboard: eVGA 133-K8-NF41
Hard Drive: Western Digital 74GB Raptor 10,000RPM
I have 4 questions so far...
- Is a 450W PS sufficient?
- I know I have to buy some kind of SATA cable for my hard drive, but how fast should the SATA be able to handle?
- Do I need to install some sort of SATA or RAID controller card?
- Where do I find the SLI connector that connects my two vid cards together?
If I am missing any other important questions relating to SATA or SLI, then please let me know.
Thanks a lot guys.
Last edited by smartxtai; 10-29-2005 at 12:58 AM.
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts