It's been a while
I haven't built a computer in a long time so I am kind of out of date in terms knowing how to build a PC. However, I have kept up with the technology.
I have a few questions that I hope you guys can help me answer.
I am buying parts for my new computer and I am not sure what I need to buy on some parts.
Here are the main parts that I bought so far... my system is going to be a SLI system...
CPU: Athlon64 X2 3800+
Memory: 2GB OCZ Dual Channel Platinum Memory DDR400 PC3200
Graphics Card: (2) eVGA Geforce 7800GT 256MB
Motherboard: eVGA 133-K8-NF41
Hard Drive: Western Digital 74GB Raptor 10,000RPM
I have 4 questions so far...
- Is a 450W PS sufficient?
- I know I have to buy some kind of SATA cable for my hard drive, but how fast should the SATA be able to handle?
- Do I need to install some sort of SATA or RAID controller card?
- Where do I find the SLI connector that connects my two vid cards together?
If I am missing any other important questions relating to SATA or SLI, then please let me know.
Thanks a lot guys.
Last edited by smartxtai; 10-29-2005 at 12:58 AM.
1. If it's a genuine 450W PSU, yes. I mean a brand name unit - not a "Deer", "Powerman" or the like. Frankly, the SLi setup calls for more power - like 550W. Look to Antec, Fortron, Sparkle, Enermax or similar.
2. I don't understand the question. Cables don't have "speeds". Besides, the motherboard comes with SATA cables.
3. Again, the motherboard comes with SATA ports.
4. Ditto. The motherboard comes with an SLi bridge.
Thanks a lot Bill. That link you provided helps me greatly.
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts