Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Still don't believe there no 'Big Brother'

Still don't believe there no 'Big Brother'

Motorists Who Refuse to Thumbprint Will Go to Jail

Motorists in Arizona will now be required to give thumbprints to deputies if they are stopped for a traffic violation. In a pilot program motorists pulled over in routine traffic stops were asked to voluntarily provide their thumbprint.
    Around 67% of motorists stopped declined to give thumbprints but when the new policy comes in: "This will be mandatory. No exceptions," says Sheriff Arpaio of Maricopa. "If they don't want to give the print, they're going directly to jail. Period."
    Traffic violations considered criminal include: reckless driving, failure to yield and unsafe lane changes amongst others. "Of course we can take prints," says Arpaio "We can arrest everybody if we want to." The prints are used to confirm identities.

All wrapped up in nice cutsie ID Theft Protection rhetoric of course
    http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...tickets20.html

Ultimate Member
    That's stupid! They should have to provide a hair/skin sample for DNA too!
    Fingerprints have collisions and can't be used as primary evidence.

But basically, I don't care if the government has my DNA/fingerprint on file. Anyone could get my DNA/fingerprint from the chair I sat on or the glass i just touched, so it's not really private information, and I don't plan to do anything illegal enough to be economical to do a DNA check, and if fingerprint found me guilty of something I didn't do, there'd have to be lots of other evidence too....

I'd freely give them a urine sample......

Jeez Arpaio is still Sheriff.
    They'll probably throw everybody in Tent City.
    Makes me glad that I did move out of Phoenix when I got out of the military.

The article I read mentioned that the ACLU is not happy about this idiot either

I don't see the big deal here. Any criminal citations are elligible for jail and fingerprinting already. What zibby said and what the article he linked to says are not the same. Read it again. Drunk driving will get one hauled away and fingerprinted for sure around here.

They still can't force anybody to give a fingerprint for a civil citation. They could maybe make something up though, and then face national scrutiny
    Last edited by genesound; 10-22-2005 at 02:31 PM.

Sure, drink driving, but what about speeding? Or if you suddenly swerve coz you needed to reach into the back seat the beat the hell out of a misbehaving child, that would become a fingerprintable offence too.

Ultimate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zybch
    Sure, drink driving, but what about speeding? Or if you suddenly swerve coz you needed to reach into the back seat the beat the hell out of a misbehaving child, that would become a fingerprintable offence too.
    People shouldn't be speeding or swerving to hit a child...... (). Both were choices and unnecessary. If a child needs to be hit, it should be done in a safe manner which wouldn't cause danger to other innocents.

But anyway, why are you so worried that they'd have your finger prints? They could just get it from a car door anyway.

They'd have no legal right to get them from a car door, these new laws give them the right to take them from someone directly.
    Prints from a door could very possibly be contaminated, and getting prints from a glass or something isn't a foolproof way of getting your prints. They could be anyone who has used the glass.

I wonder if the people who think that the cops should be able to stick you in prison for not giving them prints also think that its okay for the feds to install a keylogger or spyware on everyone's PCs? After all, it'd be for the public good and would 'reduce identity theft'.

Ya jerks!

I had to give a thumbprint just to cash a check the other day

I must say though the 0.5% ID rate for stolen identies is a poor excuse, maybe if my identity was stolen I'd think differently. I do know at least 2 ppl that have had it happen to em.
    Last edited by genesound; 10-22-2005 at 07:07 PM.

Ultimate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zybch
    I wonder if the people who think that the cops should be able to stick you in prison for not giving them prints also think that its okay for the feds to install a keylogger or spyware on everyone's PCs? After all, it'd be for the public good and would 'reduce identity theft'.
    Well not really, keyloggers log personal information. I wouldn't consider DNA, finger prints, etc, as personal information since someone could obtain them from something you've touched.

laser printers embed a secret code in every page they output

http://www.tcmagazine.info/comments....=10979&catid=2

Quote Originally Posted by herosrest
    laser printers embed a secret code in every page they output

http://www.tcmagazine.info/comments....=10979&catid=2

bright pee yellow...

Quote Originally Posted by mireland
    bright pee yellow...

's a secret... sssssssssssh.

U COPY
    Last edited by herosrest; 10-22-2005 at 10:31 PM.

I see nothing wrong with requiring a fingerprint for CRIMINAL violations, which the article clearly stated was the new rule.

Anyway, zybch, you don't live anywhere freakin' near Arizona. WTF do you care what Arpaio does there? I'm telling ya...you have no life man...worrying about what CRIMINAL offenders in AZ are required to give at a traffic stop.