Thread: Removing a program from the uninstall list in windows xp

Removing a program from the uninstall list in windows xp

Hi I have an annoying co-worker that keeps uninstalling programs from my pc....
    not important things but games that I install, or other utilities like Sandra soft...

He got issues! I am wondering if there is a way to remove the name of program from uninstall list, or somehow protect my data from this guy......we share the same office. This in Korea so the same rules do not apply he is older therefore he can take complaining to my boss is a total waste of time.

Well not to get away from the topic but it there a way I can prevent him from uninstalling programs? I would like to make it look like they are not there.
    That way he would not try and cause me problems.

Lost 10,000 miles from home and loving it!!

The Add/Remove programs list is basically a shortcut to the registry key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Uninstall

that has the uninstall info for that program or Windows component . Find the key (folder in left panel) to the program you want to remove from the list , right click it and select export . Give it a name and save it to a directory for safe keeping. Then, right click the key again , and select delete. The program will be removed from the Add/Remove Programs list. You will probably still need to hide the "uninstall" file that is located in the programs folder also . Either move it to another directory or change its attributes to "read ony" if you think he's not very bright .

A slighlty different way:

Add and Remove

Hide selective programs/applications listed in Add or Remove:

Go to Start/Run/Regedit and navigate to this key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Uninstall

Local the program in question in the left pane. In the right pane, right click DisplayName and select rename: Add Quiet so it will read:
    QuietDisplayName. No reboot or refresh needed. Open Add or Remove - the listing is now gone. To revert, rename back to DisplayName.

Or you can download the .bat file: http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBL/tip5800/rh5845.htm

source