Thread: Panda Corportate

Panda Corportate

I am having trouble installing the client portion for Panda Corporate. A little history is in order...my client had his workstation crash and Dell came out to fix it. After about 3 trips they decided to swap the entire computer out. The new computer comes in and I add it to the domain and use the same name as the previous one. I goto the Panda admin console to add the computer/comm agent. It was already there, so I assumed that it thought this was the same computer since the name was the same. i deleted the computer from the list and attempted to setup the comm agent again. the console tells me the agent is already installed, but the install client is greyed out. Suggestions?

Specs: the server is a 2003 sbs and the workstation is a xp sp2. Thanks in advance.
    Ben Mroczek
    Fuzion Limited

did you remove and readd the system in AD? just because it has the same name doesn't mean it has the same SID.

that didn't occur to me. Thanks a lot. I'll give it a try
    Ben Mroczek
    Fuzion Limited

For future reference:

I went into the registy and deleted all instances of Panda on the troubled machine. I then redistributed the the communications agent and it took. The machine still didn't show in the console, so I instlled the client manually. I have not verified that the machine is there. The client took and updated fine. Go figure....
    Ben Mroczek
    Fuzion Limited

they decided to swap the entire computer out
    so you took the old hdd and put it in the new system? that's not an entire computer swap out then. you are still carrying over at least 1 part. geez.

No...it was an entire swap out meaning that the 'entire' workstation was swapped and 'no' parts were carried over. The only thing that would be the same on this new computer would be the software and the Active Directory name. Geez.
    Ben Mroczek
    Fuzion Limited