Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: It's been fun

Uke cannot call himself serious when his 'serious response' is just an insult.

Quote Originally Posted by ukulele
    Oh, and Porsch, unlike you, I can actually read. It was in the news on CNN, so STFU..
    Come on, Mireland, surely you are smarter then that..
    Were you dropped on your head during birth?
    That's just a few of his insults. What give him the right to insult anyone he pleases, unprovocked might I add, and then ask for 'intelligent discussion'

Discussions on an OT forum of a tech site is pointless, nobody changes their opinion at the end of it....

Still I'm not sure wether he left because of his 'thread' degenerating into carp. or because he is actually busy....

Well folks, it's been fun but I'm too busy anymore to play with you boys, and the girls left long ago when the moron brigade took over. Enjoy your roast pig.

Lets face it though with the advent of XP most of the problems can be solved in the stickies or with a good google search nowdays. Not like the old days when there were many issues and alot of new computer users.

I am not saying the forms are going to die, just saying it is slowing down mostly because of that. IMHO

erm... So what is your hat size?

Quote Originally Posted by zybch
    Still, what do you expect in an OT forum?
    Check out the other forums if you want to ask a serious question, chances are that you'll get a serious reply.
    Denial?

If someone asks a serious non-tech question, why not just leave it for someone else to answer seriously without turning it into the joke of the day? Is it that hard to do?

I've no doubt that uke retorted because of some of the non-sensical replies he was getting from the same hit squad everytime he posted anything.

A couple of years ago OT was threatened with closure & we fought for it to remain open! I don't think I would bother if that were the case again now though! The whole Forum has been dragged into the gutter by a few.

It seems respect is only given to those that can slag other members off by swearing with acronyms & mis-spellings. I don't see how that is clever in any way! It's school yard stuff.

The post above sums it all up rather nicely
    erm... So what is your hat size?
    nothing to say? say nothing.

sssssh.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawbs
    I've no doubt that uke retorted because of some of the non-sensical replies he was getting from the same hit squad everytime he posted anything.
    Just look at some of the rubbish he spouted and you can easily see why he was jumped on by others.
    For instance, the whole saying one thing but then saying he meant another when cornered, now if thats not a sure fire way to pee people off I'm not sure what is.
    If hes not man enough to take, as well as dish out snide comments its probably best that he go.

I Activly disliked Uke to a large extent...

But the constant spamming of threads does get a tad annoying

Not saying that I have never done it before....

I dunno though, the cabbage thread stayed on topic

I joke around in the joke threads. I don't hijack threads even though this one was definitely hijacked. You can do a search for any BD hijacks. You won't find one.

I never fought with Uke. If I didn't have anything to say I passed on it. I don't like to argue over the internet, I would rather find someone I can argue with face to face or better yet not argue at all. The problem with the internet is there is no tone of voice, no body language. It is very hard to tell when somebody is joking or when somebody is dead serious.

The kind of joking and horsing around that goes on in here is pretty harmless. The fact is most serious threads are kept pretty serious. Here is an example.

http://www.sysopt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=185503

I mean this isn't a good place to get into political discussions really, the fur is going to fly every time. Uke likes political discussion. I am sorry but with people from so many different countries and so many different views that kind of thread is going to get pretty hot. I do not participate in them. There isn't any use in it, nothing is going to change because of it.

I am sorry he left but to say every thread in here gets hijacked is just wrong. I have started serious threads here and have gotten good advice.

Still, I am sorry Uke decided to leave but that is his decision.

Now I say lets turn this HiJack back into a farewell thread.

I personally won't miss him....everytime I said hi to him he told me to ferk off.

Quote Originally Posted by mireland
    I personally won't miss him....everytime I said hi to him he told me to ferk off.
    Everybody tells you that, including me. So go do it.

Quote Originally Posted by BadDriver
    Everybody tells you that, including me. So go do it.

I won't miss him either...

I miss Dozer though

Quote Originally Posted by porsch1909
    I won't miss him either...

I miss Dozer though

I miss his pikkis....(not THAT particular one however)

miss who?

good luck uke. see ya on the other side.