Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Computer Idiots that Show up working In bestbuy not all but some

The Computer Idiots that Show up working In bestbuy not all but some

I had one of my customers go to bestbuy the other day to purchase a new CPU fan, my customer went looking round best buy trying to figure out which one he wanted, I had told him which one he needed to get and he new what he was looking for, eventually he decided to get some help from this so called Tech guy at bestbuy because he came across a CPU fan for an AMD board and couldn’t find a Intel CPU fan, anyways to make a long story short, this guy at best buy took out an AMD only CPU fan, my customer told the guy that I told him that wouldn’t fit onto the Intel board, This guy at bestbuy told my customer that you can make them fit by drilling 4 holes into the motherboard around the socket.

now at this point my customer is confused wondering why I didn’t tell him this, with his mind running round in his head he decided that he also need some thermal past he bought some and then this Guy at bestbuy told him to make it so that there is at least one 1/4 of the tube of past on the processor, which means it would be running all over the place looking like a floppy cake after an oven has been opened with that my customer handed all the stuff he bought and left the store rare mad.

the reason why I’m posting this is because I wanted to know if anyone in here has EVER as some Idiot at bestbuy or any other computer store tell him such BS.

yes this seems boring but it pissed me of to the point that I called them, of course they did say sorry, but not sorry for hiring such Idiot telling people to drill holes in there motherboard and force an AMD CPU fan onto there board and put an Inch thick coating of thermal past onto a Processor. My god, you can tell that it ticked me of some.

Anyone else got some stories like that?

Complete & Utter Member j.m@talk's Avatar
    Its par for the course with computer dealers .......... The dude that my brother insists on going to, sold him a P2 Base stn the other day for £300....... 128 of ram tho

oh dear god... I will never, never ,NEVER recomend anyone taking their pc to on of them retail shops, instead I would refer them to one of our local ma/pa shops(unless I can fix it myself)

I find fixin' em ......... Is usually a lil more complex than I 1st thought

Quote Originally Posted by j.m@talk
    I find fixin' em ......... Is usually a lil more complex than I 1st thought

and the term "fix" is used loosely in your case right?

Its par for the course with computer dealers .......... The dude that my brother insists on going to, sold him a P2 Base stn the other day for £300....... 128 of ram tho

I had a guy in work the other day to, on our job web site we have a page where employess can sell Items, there was a Computer on there for $300 with 128Mb ram and he said in an email it was a P4 but the processor speed was 800Mhz so i told the guy to email him and ask was that the FSB the guy said no it was the Mhz, and he said the memory was SD-Ram, I could only laugh theres no P4 at 800Mhz at least not that I know of.

Those places get what they pay for. I mean, ya pay minimum wage to a moron, and what ya get is a moron, plain and simple. Someone who knows their stuff isn't going to work at those places cuz they want more than minimum wage I'd never take advice from one of them and would never send a customer there to find parts, instead I'd offer to get them the parts myself as I know what they need.

Can get Athlon/Duron 800's ........... Dunno bout intel

Quote Originally Posted by mireland
    and the term "fix" is used loosely in your case right?
    Fix it fer good

Quote Originally Posted by leprechaun_40
    I'd never take advice from one of them and would never send a customer there to find parts, instead I'd offer to get them the parts myself as I know what they need.

Oh I new what he needed he just didnt want to wait untill it shipped to me. and I would never send one of my customers to Bestbuy, he picks he learns.

Yeah man, go drilling holes in a multi layered PCB. That will make her run (or not run) really cool. You wouldn't even need a heatsink let alone a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by BadDriver
    You wouldn't even need a heatsink let alone a fan.
    Woo really ......................... JM brakes out his flat bits

Kick start the dwill

Woo really ......................... JM brakes out his flat bits

Kick start the dwill

YOU would

Going to Best buy for PC repair is like going to McDonalds for surf and turf. It ain't gettin done neither place.
    Most people think,
    Great God will come from the skies,
    Take away everything
    And make everybody feel high.
    But if you know what life is worth,
    You will look for yours on earth:
    And now you see the light,
    You stand up for your rights. jah!

4X 22mm holes ........... Right wheres the boltz ....................
    Hmm might need a packing washer there
    Lucky I know what I'm dooin huh