Thread: compatability of CPU/mobo?

compatability of CPU/mobo?

Gosh, perhaps i went wrong going gor the buget mobo, but here is the problem i am haveing
    Took an order for 15 desktops and this is how i put them together (or where i am having the problem).
    mobo = Matsonic MS9377C+
    CPU = Cel D (model 320) 533 FSB
    I thought if the board supported prescot/hyperthreading it would support the Cel D at 533.?.?
    I think I got the Matsonic MS9377C (without the plus) because I have one of the (without plus packages/boards) and the model as viewed on the boards (both my 15 plus and my one not plus) say the same thing: MS9377C REV 1.0
    anyway - i can't get these mobo/cpu combos to post.

these boards are sold at geeks.com the plus and non plus - just by viewing the pictures, i think we got the wrong product. boards received have a black heatsink retainer and 3 ddr slots (as the non-plus picture shows). the picture of the plus version has a yellow heatsink retainer and 2 ddr slots.
    shouldn't the plus version support the celeron d 320 model? arg! arg! arg!
    here at work and cant build these systems!
    Last edited by pauljj0449; 09-24-2005 at 11:02 AM.

ok, well i guess i will answer my own post. We have researched and found that we received the wrong board but the right manual. We have also confirmed that "Prescott" is the celeron D. So, if a motherboard says it will support the Intel Prescott, then it will support the celeron D 533 FSB.

hello Paul. I'd rule out all the normal mistakes first, such as not using the 4-pin ATX 12v connector (it's required), spare standoffs grouding the back side of the board, etc. Try starting the system with nothing more than the CPU (with cooler), power supply, video, RAM and a keyboard attached.

Answer

Thanks, we have tried posting with only video (used 2 diff video cards as well), cpu and ram out of case.
    We found that the problem is that we were sent the wrong boards. we ordered the "plus" and we got the non plus version that does not support prescott.
    Now hoping for a good and proper answer to the problem from the vendor.