Thread: Any play the Demo for Serious Sam

Any play the Demo for Serious Sam

I dl it lastnight and played for a while, and I have to say, its a fun game, the graphics arnt bad at all, lots of action. anyone play it yet?

Yep, played it. I liked it for the most part. Ahtough I found setting up the controls to be a pain. I might end up gettting it.

get the full game, you could probably find it for like 10 bucks now.

they are working on the sequal, Serious Sam 2 (first and second encounter are considered the same game by the company) THAT looks pretty cool.

it's my random killing many many things type action until my system can handle doom 3.... plus doom 3 has only a few enemys at one time, this game probably hits the hundreds once or twice.
    System now:
    1.8ghz northwood. (will pin mod to OC later)
    568MB DDR1 at 200mhz
    Sapphire Radeon 9500 np
    16GB 15k scsi if i can get it to work
    160GB wdc RAID 1

I have already pre ordered Serious Sam 2, and read up a lot about the new one.

The first and second encounter are great fun, but a bit short. The new game has about 30 levels (instead of 10) and it's played on different worlds, which should make things interesting.

I can't wait !!!
    Lifes a *****, and then you marry one.

Quote Originally Posted by dosmastr
    they are working on the sequal, Serious Sam 2 (first and second encounter are considered the same game by the company) THAT looks pretty cool.
    aehm . . . you got something wrong i think!
    we are talking about serous sam 2 demo, not second encounter demo

anyways, i played it too, lots of fun, like always LOADS of enemies, not sure yet if im going to buy it tho
    ASUS A8N-E Motherboard : AMD X2 4800+ CPU : 2 GB Kingston ValueRAM : ATI EAX 1950XTX : Creative X-Fi Xtreme Music

Maybe worth looking at to maybe convince you lot :

Serious Sam 2

From the site :

" The approximately 250 MB demo has a full level from the final game, containing all 15 weapons (although you’ll probably need to cheat to see ‘em all), one of the drivable vehicles, and a slew of enemies! "

Thats the demo im talking about, you didnt think I ment the frist one did you?

I played it about a week ago and did not care for it. I thouhgt the game was even more archaic then the first..which that one I liked alot.

What kinda swayed my thinking this way was it just semed like they put too much stuff in the game...not making a whole lot of sense most of the time... Also, i did not hear his voice very much at all...unlike the first which was halarious.

Why is it when some later additions to some games.. all they seem to come up with is more stuff crammed in. What about a storyline or mission??

For the life of me I could not get through the vertical beam gates.....unless I'm missing something there. Graphics were just OK in my book. The first ones better. Just my opinion CC.
    Last edited by Rabbitrunner51; 09-30-2005 at 10:01 AM.
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

The whole idea of sam is that there is only chaos. Thousands of enemies charging at once, and there was a bit of a storyline in each previous game, but its just really blast your way from one level to next.

I think that the graphics will be better than the first games when the full game is released, but thats only really from hearsay.