Thread: All-in-Wonder X800 XT

All-in-Wonder X800 XT

Hey gang, its been a heck of a long time since I posted anything, but I thought I'd spin a question at you, search function didn't seem to like the search terms I used.

Anyone know if the X800 XT AIW is supposed to have the Overdrive Tab in the CCC and Temperature monitoring?

For anyone not on the up and up, the X800 XT's actually use the un-neutered 16-channel X800 XT chip, which was one of the perks of buying it compared to the old AIWs.

But I'm noticing a lack of Thermal Monitoring, which would be swell for some minor Overclock, already have Rage3D CP added to the CCC, so I have some tooling I can do, but my biggest concern is cooling and temp monitoring.

Any help lurking around?
    "Save us Booze, show us the way!"

i have the x800 xt aiw and i have no overdrive tab so I dont think its supposed to be there

http://www.techpowerup.com/articles/...ing/vidcard/94
    Does my ATI card support temperature monitoring?

For temperature monitoring to work your card must have the LM63 monitoring chip.

Fire up ATiTool, if you can monitor your temps, you have the chip - beats having to rip the heatsink off. Google ATiTool if you don't have it. I don't think AIW X800XT's have Overdrive enabled though offhand.

No need to google. the link is already here:
    Best of Video Cards & Monitors

Ah, you lady's and gent's are awesome as always.

Link surfing, thanks in advance

And with that out of the way, no, it does not appear the X800 XT AIW offers thermal monitoring, despite having the original (un-fettered) core.

I gather that the real-estate needs present for the AIW components made it (the LM63) expendable.

So, what are some alternative monitoring methods?
    Last edited by Dracas; 09-23-2005 at 02:04 AM.

Baaaaah, disregard what I said, apparently it does.

How the heck'd I miss that the first time?

I wouldn't even bother with overdrive. It isn't just reading on the temp chip when ramping the core up, ATi doesn't want to have a faulty temp chip allowing for a 150 MHz ramp and a dead core. The few rare reviews that I saw that compared overdrive versus non-overdrived benches showed them practically indistinguishable. If it isn't there or you can't enable it, it isn't a loss of a feature, it is the loss of a marketting gimmick. If you really want to squeeze some extra performance out of your card, use ATiTool, it has a great artifact detector and only a couple games have actually artifacted at the speed it said was stable.

If you can get rthdrbl to run in the background (not all versions are compatible with each other - on which side I don't know) it'll yield lower clocks (about 2 clock steps and 3 memory steps for me) but everything is artifact free regardless of how long it runs.

i went the odd way for the first time

i got the Platinum Edition of 800, and used a ATI TV Turner Pro instead.

to get top notch performance for games

i7-3970X, Corsair H80, 32GB G.SKILL, ASUS RAMPAGE4 Formula, VG278H(3x27")+3D Vision2, EVGA GTX 690(x2), OCZ ZX1250W, 256GB Vertex4(x2), Seagate 3TB(x5), Antec LanBoyAir, Logitech G510, G600, Z560THX, T.Flight Hotas, PZ35, Sennheiser PC163D, TrackIR5