Thread: Energy drinks to game with...

Energy drinks to game with...

An interesting roundup of several popular energy drinks.

http://slate.msn.com/id/2126591/

"But can these energy drinks live up to their pronouncements? Do they improve "performance" and "reaction speed"? To determine this, I bought a slew and evaluated them over several weeks on three factors. First, do they taste like something a person would want to consume, or like chewable aspirin? Second, how do they affect my mental state, including focus, alertness, mood, and ability to play an electronic version of the board game Boggle? Third, how do they affect the way my body feels, both in terms of physical harmony and strenuous activities such as swimming, running, pickup basketball, push-ups, and coin-op arcade basketball? In other words, are these truly "performance" drinks?"

Personally I like Full Throttle for the flavor, i'll try rockstar out tomarrow before my exam! Or better yet, monster, since the boggle scores were the 'best' of any drink..suppose thatll help the intellect going!

1 drink that I game with @ LAN parties....

Bawls.

so many jokes...

"Dang it! I'm outta bawls!" *chuckles*

I love my Bawls.

Ultimate Member
    Well I didn't read the artcile, but I do have a bit of expierence with energy drinks... I've tried severa, the one that actually works for me is the "Monster" brand. The green one. Its an aquired taste, pretty good once you're use to it. Only side effect is that I have to constantly go empty my bladdar.

Why don't you just get a meth habit if your that desperate to stay awake or to be able to twitch a fiber a 1/100th of a second faster. Probably be cheaper seeing the cost of those energy drinks as well.

I like the regular old red bull... one out of every 3 with a little absolute just to calm my nerves.

Ultimate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone Stupid
    Why don't you just get a meth habit if your that desperate to stay awake or to be able to twitch a fiber a 1/100th of a second faster. Probably be cheaper seeing the cost of those energy drinks as well.
    You know, about a year and a half ago I took some nitro energy pills and washed them down with an energy drink... Well let me tell you, the first couple hours after that I felt really good. Had energy, was in a good mood, etc etc. Not much longer after that was a bit scary though... Breathing was off, heartbeat was fast and I no longer had that "good" feeling. Was pretty scary stuff since i'd never felt like that before. I've never done any (illegal) drugs in my life, so I called up a buddy of mine, whom I have strong suspicions that he's a "street pharmisist" and told him the story. He started busting up laughing and said that's similar to what happens when you come down from a meth high, except its like a lot worse. Well needless to say I no longer use those energy pills. I will every now and again have an energy drink if i'm feeling really out of it.

3 mile run in 1/2 hour, 100 pushups, 100 situps;
    starting at 0500, everyday except for Saturday and Sunday.

Don't drink coffee, minimize sugars. Drink water.

*makes Jedi hand wave* You don't need artificial stimulants... These aren't the Bawls you're looking for...

Ultimate Member
    LoL, I have not the time, the will, the desire, nor the discipline to do that.

Well, maybe I have the time... Definatly don't have the rest of the stuff though!

Quote Originally Posted by rusty4x4
    3 mile run in 1/2 hour, 100 pushups, 100 situps;
    starting at 0500, everyday except for Saturday and Sunday.

Don't drink coffee, minimize sugars. Drink water.

*makes Jedi hand wave* You don't need artificial stimulants... These aren't the Bawls you're looking for...

Not around here are ya rusty?

LOL -

No, JediBurke, I imagine a regular routine would be a little dicey at an OEF or OIF FOB.

Be safe, buddy.

I have gotten drunk and played the NFS series. Does that count?

BTW, I was in constant wreck mode.