Thread: stupid printer

stupid printer

somebody, what is my problem? i cant get my printer goin, when i try to print, it freaks out and says: printer rundll command failed... unable to create print job.
    im running windows 2000, and i have a compaq ij650 printer.

Reload your printer software.
    Improvise - Adapt - Overcome
    SafeSearch is off

As said. In control panel, remove any software for it.
    Remove the printer and it's drivers.

REBOOT.

Reload the software and drivers. Might not be a bad idea to get the latest software and/or drivers off their website. They are often much newer and improved over what is on the CD they ship with.

Thats a pretty old printer, it may simply be reaching the end of its life, but it would seem to be a software problem rather than a hardware one.

If ur still using parallel cable, and it is bad, it will cause "haywire" behavior too.

Might be a stupid guell lol coz I dunno what I'm saying about printers but is it one of those that take memory cards? Maybe the memory on the printer is bad?

tried dl'ing newer drivers, no help there, it teased me for a sec, but still the same message: "rundll command failed. command /k /n "compaq ij650 inkjet printer" failed to create print job"
    however, sometimes the message doesnt come up, in fact, nothing comes up. nothing happens at all, its like i never told it to print anything.
    this printer used to work fine. it kind of sat on a shelf for a while unplugged and unloved; all ive done is plug it back up, it should still work properly i would think.
    Last edited by kyllrbeee; 09-13-2005 at 03:10 AM.

Things often work fine till suddenly they don't. Ya twit
    Face it, the thing is probably beyond help.
    A nice shiny new canon MP110 costs less than $80 and uses much cheaper ink, get one of those then use the Lexmark/Compaq as a doorstop or to throw at the next-door kids when they play on your front lawn.

Not much help I know, but its really not worthwhile to spend much time on such an old, slow and expensive to run printer.

New printers are cheap. That's an extremely old printer. It'd be best to get a new one
    Want to try anger management? Use a Win98 PC for 30 min without screaming, kicking, and yelling.

just another thing... the printer doesnt show up in the device manager. any ideas on why that is, maybe it has somethign to do with it... i really want this printer to work, i know theres nothing wrong with it, its jus some technical thing.