Thread: 7800GT in AGP?

7800GT in AGP?

OK, I am one of those that is still on an AGP board. Today I googled 7800GT AGP and come up with over a dozen hits swearing that the card is going to happen. Anandtech is one of the more trustable sites claiming this card will happen.

Has anybody heard anything? linkage. -

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&n...Search+the+Web

Anand link http://www.anandtech.com/guides/showdoc.aspx?i=2490

Our bot has managed to pick up another dozen or so nForce4 products, and prices have adjusted accordingly to the new competition. Last time we looked at motherboards VIA's K8T890 series had just began to fill retail store shelves, and since then we have picked up a few more motherboards as well. As we have explained in the past, the choice to buy a new motherboard these days should be very cut and dry in favor of PCIe options. GeForce 7800GTX showed up a few weeks ago, and aside from being a spectacular card, it's also spectacularly limited to PCIe right now (and probably will be for several more weeks to come). The 7800GTX has a little brother, 7800GT, which will also launch and ship next week. Our sources indicate there will be copious amounts of PCIe 7800GT cards first, and AGP versions will follow much later. Like with other recent video card launches, the AGP cards will also probably carry a premium at first. So you could buy an older nForce3 or K8T800 AGP motherboard and stick with the more expensive AGP options, or you could follow our advice and grab a Socket 939 PCIe motherboard.

I would like to believe that, but I haven't seen any concrete evidence that nvidia will release an AGP version.

If anything, nvidia might wait until the R520 cards start coming out. I know the lower ATI models were going to have AGP versions, but the top ones are only going to be PCIe for now.