Page 158 of 167 FirstFirst ... 58 108 148 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 ... LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 2505

Thread: Processing process processor Revelation.

Quote Originally Posted by herosrest
    You got problems? l could 'watch' this girl all night...... Unfortunately
    Quote Originally Posted by mireland
    I'm not going to make a licking joke..I swear it...

Garbo for Ever. http://www.garboforever.com/Garbo_Wallpapers.htm

Early in World War II, Garbo was told that Adolf Hitler loved her films and admired Camille so much that he allowed its wide distribution in Germany, despite the ‘racial impurity' of director Cukor. The Führer reportedly “retained” a private copy of the film confiscated by his customs officers. Garbo, in turn, reportedly said she wanted to meet him and try to convince him to stop the war. She felt the power of her personality could alter the course of history, but “if not – I could shoot him”. Who would dare to search Greta Garbo on a special invitation from the Führer? The romantic idea that Garbo was willing to martyr herself by assassinating Hitler sounds apocryphal, but her friend Sam Green confirms it: “Once she said, ‘Mr Hitler was big on me. He kept writing and inviting me to come to Germany, and if the war hadn't started when it did, I would have gone and I would have taken a gun out of my purse and shot him, because I'm the only person who would not have been searched.'
    Last edited by herosrest; 04-13-2008 at 10:22 PM.

Last edited by herosrest; 04-13-2008 at 10:41 PM.

Tax Scams Filings of fictitious tax returns to steal refunds have jumped dramatically, perhaps because con artists can file them electronically and get a direct-deposit refund long before the real taxpayer finds out. From 2002 to 2007, the number of fraudulent tax return complaints to the Federal Trade Commission jumped to 20,782, from 3,061, according to a report by the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration, or TIGTA.

Quote Originally Posted by herosrest

Is it wrong? Another of Hollywoods finest........... Hedy Lamar.

Hedy Lamarr's biggest claim to fame outside of acting is her joint patent with composer George Antheil for an early version of spread spectrum communication technology (U.S. patent #2,292,387) - a concept that was later incorporated into wireless telephones and internet wifi.

CLICK IMAGE
    Last edited by herosrest; 04-14-2008 at 12:09 AM.

This is Famke Janssen - Who................ l reckon would look good on the end of my pier.
    lf l had one, that is.
    Hope. Faith. Charity.

When a novel succeeds (as Anna Karenina does) in creating a character that at least begins to approach the unfathomable complexity of an actual flesh-and-blood human, we consider it to be at least in some degree a great work. By that measure, Thomas Savage’s 1967 novel The Power of the Dog, set on a Montana ranch some time in the 1920s, is a great, and greatly neglected, work of art, because it contains one of the most complex and fully realized, if utterly loathsome, characters ever encountered in a work of fiction.

The fate that awaits Phil in this book will be welcomed by most readers, but doubly so because Thomas Savage (who died recently, but lived long enough to see The Power of the Dog reissued in paperback in 2001) managed to create a character in the first place who was so multi-faceted, self-contradictory and true to the magnificent strangeness of human nature that readers will actually care whether he lives or dies. The Power of the Dog is an unforgettable book precisely because Phil Burbank is an unforgettably complex character. The Power of the Dog by Thomas Savage
    Last edited by herosrest; 04-14-2008 at 04:22 AM.

l dreamt last night. lt is disturbing and troubling me because l don't dream.
    My dreams are rarer than Blue Moons and portent good or bad.
    lt's form was several images leading one into the next - l fail to find any significance.
    However, messing about with various web 'image' searches l meandered here there and nowhere until impressed by the tale here.
    http://saints.sqpn.com/mary0015.htm Enjoy............. it's different, for me certainly.

This video is interesting also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEdOQcG5MLY View full screen.

These works of art draw on similar inspiration, an identification with mum holding her child.
    Similar and yet individual, drawing similar but indivual analogies.
    Both artists identify with Mary and her situation.

"I love the Savior with all my heart and feel a deep connection with Mary. Like her, I was a young mother, 20 when I had my first baby.
    I remember being in the hospital the first day and laying my son on a blanket, standing back to gaze at him and suddenly feeling terrified. The reality hit me all at once that this fragile new life depended wholly on me. The intensity of my feelings, the awe and love I was experiencing, brought me to tears. Mary was much younger than I — about 14 years old, just a child, when the angel came and revealed her destiny to her. According to the laws of the time, a woman could be put to death for becoming pregnant before marriage. But all Mary could say when faced with this enormous responsibility, this great weight, was 'Be it unto me.' You have to honor someone with that kind of faith.".....................................-- Liz Lemon Swindle

"This painting was first inspired by a song that I heard one day. Sometimes, hearing one phrase is all it takes, and then a flood of inspiration follows. The phrase “kissing the face of God” immediately struck me with this powerful image of Mary and the Baby Jesus. It is an image that we have seen depicted many times, but never simply as a mother and her child with real tenderness. I started to contemplate the awesome privilege that Mary was given, being able to hold God in her arms, but also keeping in mind that He was still her baby. This cute little child whom she bore was also God in the flesh. And yet, she cuddled and kissed Him, just as all mothers do with their babies. This thought propelled me right into this painting which I wanted to be a very human representation of divinity. My prayer is that the viewer will be struck, as I am, with the amazing way that God chose to send His Son into this world — in pure humility.....................................-- Morgan Weistling"

Each artist references aspects of Mary' circumstances - 'According to the laws of the time,
    a woman could be put to death for becoming pregnant before marriage.'
    'This cute little child whom she bore was also God in the flesh.
    And yet, she cuddled and kissed Him, just as all mothers do'.

Our religions are ultimately of our humanity.
    The real message is that God is in us, each of us is our own God.
    Messages and teachings passed down through forefathers are an expression of love and care
    for humanity, of hope and faith in our future and guidance in charity to our community.

Simple stuff really. In current parlance. iCare BE INSPIRED
    Last edited by herosrest; 04-15-2008 at 05:51 AM.

Last edited by herosrest; 04-15-2008 at 11:55 AM.

During deep sleep IT came to me and the future of processing is clear. Some will consider this a message from on high, others will be strapping rubber to walls, the informed will be adjusting stock portfolios, the technical will be agog, warfare will transform and technology in general - progress through the greatest leap ever. l can advise you of the matter but must then kill you. So... consider yourself deceased. rip. Ahem. Future processors will primarily be digital tuning radios acting as grid computing nodes.
    Voila. See ya in hell.
    Last edited by herosrest; 04-15-2008 at 12:02 PM.

CLICK IMAGE

£100 off iPhone Analysts believe price cuts are a sign Apple has been forced to change strategy or is anticipating the launch of a 3G version later this year. "Sales of iPhone slowed significantly in all European markets," research firm CCS Insight said. "It is something Apple will need to overcome if it is to reach its target of selling 10 million iPhones by the end of 2008."
    Last edited by herosrest; 04-15-2008 at 10:09 PM.

Synergy refers to the phenomenon in which discrete influences acting together create an effect
    greater than that predicted by knowing only the separate effects of the individual agents.

CLICK PIC