Thread: Windows XP easter egg or..?

Windows XP easter egg or..?

With an empty recycle bin, I clicked to empty it for the heck of it (from the left hand column under the recycle bin tasks) and guess what I get- (see attachment)

As of right now, I have not click yes or no. I cannot risk having any downtime on this computer.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have seen that before. I don't know what causes it but you are not going to be able to delete windows from the recycle bin. Put some junk file in it and empty it and you shouldn't see that message.

Yeah, no way Windows would be able to get dumped that easily. I still did not want to risk the integrity of any Windows files.

It is just a glitch. I told mine yes just for kicks. I forget what happened but I think it said something about it couldn't be deleted.

I would run a spyware and virus scan but when it happened to me the machine was clean, nothing detected. Just another windows quirk. I haven't seen it here since and it has been at least 3 years since I saw it. I do know it is just a Gates goof though.

There could be a damaged (perhaps hidden) file in your recycle bin or the recycle bin itself has become corrupted. Windows couldn't be deleted that way.

Try running Chkdsk or this reg fix from Kelly's site; under Recycle Bin - Deleting Problems
    It worked for others with the same problem.

Ggle is your friend!