Thread: VBScript and FireFox

VBScript and FireFox

I am writing a 'program' of sorts, that will execute programs from within HTML after they click on a link. The html page directs them to a page with the link to the file, in this case it is Internet Explorer 6, then it redirects them back to the other page. The script looks like this:
    <script language="VBScript">
    Dim objShell
    Set objShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
    objShell.Run "cmd /c cd D:\Documents and Settings\M.R.Burnett\Desktop\Burnett Technologies\Loader\internet & ie6.exe"
    WScript.Quit
    </script>

<font family="Tahoma" size="2">Do not press any buttons, this page will automatically redirect you!</font>
    <meta HTTP-EQUIV="REFRESH" content="5; url=browsers.htm">

This works in Internet Explorer, but not in FireFox. Anyone know how to make it work in FireFox?

Firefox does not support ActiveX or VBscript at all.
    http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/faq

There is no support for VBScript and ActiveX, two technologies which are the reasons for many IE security holes.

Oh, oops. Do you know of a language that I could do this in using FireFox?

What is it that you are trying to do? Does that WShell call run a program on the web server, or the client?

If you want to do client-side scripting in Firefox, you're pretty much stuck with Javascript, which (I don't think) will let you do anything with the user's computer. If you are trying to run a program on the webserver itself, then you could do that by refering to a server-side ASP Script when the user clicks on a link, instead of a client-side script.

If you're trying to run an application on the client's machine....I don't know how (or if) that can be easily done. Maybe someone else knows?