As your local 'Maccie', I feel compelled to ask y'all a question: Why Choose a Mac?
Apple has a new "switch" page up, and lists several reasons why Apple believes a Mac is better than a run-of-the-mill PC.

My short list:
UNIX underpinnings
Beautiful OS
Zero viruses for OS X
Spyware-proof
Cheap head-less Mac (The Mac mini, of course)
Two-button mouse (FINALLY!!!)
Future platform on X86

As a dedicated Mac user who is truly excited at the developments of the last few years at Apple, I am curious to know what you, the (usually) die-hard build-it-yourself PC users think. I am interested in three things, specifically:
1) What YOU think of Apple today (I'm not interested in your high school experience with Mac OS 7.5.1, for instance).
2) Whether or not you would recommend Apple to a new computer user.
3) Are there any unfair statements on the Apple Switch Page that you take issue with?

And please, if you don't know me already, know that I believe that Windows is not a bad choice to make in some circumstances. I am well aware that in several segments of the market, the Mac is simply not an option due to the availability of critical software. I also understand the limitations (and benefits) of a proprietary computer platform. So, I'm looking forward to a candid and positive discussion.