Thread: Is Asus A7N8X-E Soundstorm any good? and whats diffrnce between v1.x and v2.x boards?

Is Asus A7N8X-E Soundstorm any good? and whats diffrnce between v1.x and v2.x boards?

Hi,

Basically I heard the onbaord sound for the Asus A7N8X-E is very good. Is it worth getting an addon card e.g. Audigy2, if all I will do is watch movies/DVDs.

Also I read on the web that Asus has modified the Nvidai chips slightly for Soundstorm and want to know if it is better to go for a version 1.x pcb baord or a version 2.x pcb board. Does anyone know what the differences are.... I heard the Soundstorm etc. had been tweaked (for the worse) in v2.x boards and is actually better in the version 1.x boards.

Lastly is it better to go for A7N8X deluxe or the A7N8X-E Deluxe board. Anyone know whats the difference?

Thanks.

Have owned the REV 1 board and got a REV 2.0 replacement that I now use and can't tell any difference.
    Soundstorm is very good. I didn't even bother putting in my SoundBlaster live card.

For DVD's etc it's fine. Got mine hooked up to 5.1 Creative inspire speaker for surround sound.

The Audigy2 produces much better quality but is it worth the extra expense?

Difference between the A7N8X deluxe or the A7N8X-E Deluxe board is mainly that the -E board has a gigabit lan and a slot for putting in a wireless connector for wireless networking.

T

I had a A7N8X-E Deluxe board and the sound is alright..
    There is a bit of diffrentce between the 2..
    Give it a crack first see what you think if your not happy can allways add the card later.
    Coz some people mind some dont mind let ya ears decide :