Thread: Where's AsusLiveupdate on Asus site?

Where's AsusLiveupdate on Asus site?

My board is the Asus P4C800-E Deluxe. Apparently, from their bios instructions, I can use AsusLiveupdate to upgrade my BIOS. But I've searched endlessly on their site and the program is nowhere to be found. I've seen it on third party sites, though. Still, this is my mobo. If it's not the official Asus website, I believe it's a risk to download it from someplace else. Does anyone know if Asus still supports AsusLiveupdate and where it can be found on their website?

Thank you.

I trust majorgeeks.com.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/ASUS_LiveUpdate_d4435.html

The questions are:

Why are you updating your BIOS? Just because...or because the newer version fixes and/or adds support for problems or issues you currently have or experience??

Also...why don't you flash it from a floppy...that still works.

Updating BIOS just to have the latest update is ill advised...
    However, if you are experiencing a problem that the newer BIOS specifically fixes, then go for it....

Thank you for the link.

I was pondering an update to possibly remedy an intermedient issue which I reconsidered. Yes, I'm fully aware of the more conventional alternatives. I was perplexed as to why the Liveupdate program remains MIA on the Asus website. Promoting a keen BIOS feature and then not explicitly supporting it can perturb an individual such as this one.

Have a good one!