Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PCCHIPS motherboard experience

PCCHIPS motherboard experience

Hi,

Has anybody have any experiences with PCCHIPS motherboards? I have a PCCHIPS motherboard and it works great .

Quite a while ago, I had one for an AMD K62-500 machine. It was no performance monster for its time, but it had plenty of integrated hardware (sound, modem, I forget what else). Overall, the board made a for a stable, inexpensive desktop machine for web surfing/e-mail.

I would probably buy another board from them if I wanted to make a similarly inexpensive machine today.

Blown capacitors and blown keyboard controllers, but on boards no newer than 2003.

Ultimate Member
    Blown capacitors are everywhere, from Intel to mainland Chinese nonames. It's been an industry wide forgery, NO-ONE went unharmed.

Blown keyboard controllers are user error, and most of the time are just blown fuses. Keyboard and mouse jacks are NOT for hot plugging ...

Used over 100 PC-Chips/ECS mainboards and still counting. Know what you're doing, and you'll get good results.

Nope, you're wrong. PC-Chips had a problem with blown keyboard controllers that had nothing to do with hot plugging keyboards. You have to remember I've been building computers for many years and have over 1000 out there...and PC-Chips is the only company I ever had a problem with the keyboard controllers on.

But those boards were a few years back, I haven't had keyboard controllers blow out on any RECENT PC-Chips product.

I just remembered what was causing the keyboard controller blow out: I believe the boards were using bad keyboard connectors that were causing intermittent contact.

Now, that would go along with your "hot-plug" theory, but would NOT be a user error.

I guess I am lucky because my PCCHIPS motherboard is still running with no problems. Capacitors still good, keyboard controller still good. Everything right now on my PCCHIPS motherboard is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Newbie2
    Hi,

Has anybody have any experiences with PCCHIPS motherboards? I have a PCCHIPS motherboard and it works great .
    Extremely bad experiences on more than 10 mobos

will never recomend it to anybody
    i7-3970X, Corsair H80, 32GB G.SKILL, ASUS RAMPAGE4 Formula, VG278H(3x27")+3D Vision2, EVGA GTX 690(x2), OCZ ZX1250W, 256GB Vertex4(x2), Seagate 3TB(x5), Antec LanBoyAir, Logitech G510, G600, Z560THX, T.Flight Hotas, PZ35, Sennheiser PC163D, TrackIR5

Well, I don't know why my PCCHIPS motherboard is still working perfectly. Maybe I got lucky and recieved a good PCCHIPS motherboard. This is the first PCCHIPS motherboard and I am using it in my main system right now. Somebody I know had a very old PCCHIPS motherboard for 8 years before it died. Also if a PCCHIPS motherboard isn't powering up after a system is set up make sure the "Clear" jumper is set to "Normal". PCCHIPS motherboards are now set to "Clear" to preserve the life of the CR2032 battery on the motherboard. The CR2032 battery can be easily replaced and is inexpensive.
    Last edited by Newbie2; 08-09-2005 at 07:22 PM.

i guess blown capacitor is normal as long as it will take some years. I just replaced 6 blown capacitor from my gigabyte 8IE-533 motherboard. ^_^

cyber_gubat, do you know the website called BadCaps, you may want to join their forums. You recapped your Gigabyte 8IE-533 motherboard so you may want to tell that to BadCaps's staff and members at BadCaps.net forums.

Built 100's using PC Chips MB's. I also had the keyboard issue but simply sold a lot of USB keyboards rather than changing the MB's. At one time some 5 years ago, PC Chips MB's comprised almost 90% of the IBM clone computers built in Colombia. Good all-in-one MB for the price.
    "Never corner something that's meaner than you are"

Billforce, I do agree that PCCHIPS motherboards are good motherboards with a lot of useful features at a good price. Intel motherboards are very reliable and have a lot of features but are at a high price. Intel motherboards are better off in business computers and home computers that need to be very reliable like a business computer. Intel motherboards also have hardware monitors that run in Windows while PCCHIPS and ECS motherboards don't have that very useful feature.

Hey, if you guys like PC-Chips and ECS boards, check out the review from a three weeks ago on the main page!

Can you provide a link to the review Crashman?