Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Your Best Free Application Nomination Is?

All Time Favorite free app has got to be picasa2. I can't see how anyone could have a digital camara without this program.

Uninstall that piece of junk software that your camara came with and download picasa2 now! I own a Canon and a Kodak and both came with very confusing software. Picasa is so simple and full of features and works with any digital camara.

Just to make notice: FreeSecurity has moved to http://www.c4fe.com/derelict/freesecurity/

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by spyman
    All Time Favorite free app has got to be picasa2. I can't see how anyone could have a digital camara without this program.

Uninstall that piece of junk software that your camara came with and download picasa2 now! I own a Canon and a Kodak and both came with very confusing software. Picasa is so simple and full of features and works with any digital camara.
    Thanks, I like it. Still use the Canon software for other stuff, but the "I'm feeling lucky" setting in picassa2 is not bad and a real timesaver!

Quote Originally Posted by genesound
    Thanks, I like it. Still use the Canon software for other stuff, but the "I'm feeling lucky" setting in picassa2 is not bad and a real timesaver!

Your welcome, tell all your friends and thank the fine people at google for putting out such a great program for free!

I love the timeline. Your whole live organized for you to scroll through, so fast. We got our first digital camera xmas 2002 and can scroll through every event since then in seconds.

I'd pay for this program if they started to charge for it.

Send To Toys - Thanks again for that one fancyf. I have used in past and lost it somewhere along the line. I especially missed the Copy file name feature and could not remember how that had been enabled.
    Also wanted to thank whoever posted 7Zip but can't find that post now. I have been looking for a command line zip app for a very long time to enhance updating-type batch files. The command line version is just one feature of this full-fledged zip app. It installs to Program Files without changing any file associations, which is nice, but to use it effectively in batch files, one should place a copy of 7z.exe in System32 as well.
    Can't get enough of these freeware threads.
    Last edited by Ol'Tunzafun; 09-04-2005 at 01:00 AM.

context menu utilities are neat... I use this one also... copyURL

This is a short one, limited time only offer for those of you who want to try a decent Linux distro for free. Get Linspire for free till 09-06. Follow these directions.:
    http://linux.slashdot.org/article.pl...19238&from=rss
    I know it's not an app, but since I started this thread, I should be able to jack it,,,, ya think????
    Profanity: a weak mind trying to express itself forcibly.
    http://www.thegopnet.com

This is a great thread...Sticky Nomination!

Way to go Mobo57 and all contributors!

John B.

Just finished!

A freeware and very easy to use MPC audio converter: FreeMPC

Maxthon
    Thunderbird
    Picasa

I find it difficult to believe that no one has mentioned

Adobe Reader

Am I the only one that uses it?
    Rig 1, MSI K9A2 Platinum, 6400 Blackie, 2 X 2048 AData, MSI 3870; Rig 2, MSI K9A2 CF, 5000 Blackie, 2 X 1024 Patriot PC6400, ATI X1900 XT, Rig 3, Abit AN8 Fatal1ty, Opteron 185, 2 X 1024 Corsair PC3200C2PT ATI X1950 XTX Rig 4 Abit UL8 3800 X850 Pro

It's really not an option anymore. It's kinda mandatory if you want to download manuals and such.
    MS MCP, MCSE

That is true and many programs try to foist it on you as it is so important, but it is a pplication, dubiously optional, and it fits within the title of the thread.

Your Best Free Application Nomination Is?
    Rig 1, MSI K9A2 Platinum, 6400 Blackie, 2 X 2048 AData, MSI 3870; Rig 2, MSI K9A2 CF, 5000 Blackie, 2 X 1024 Patriot PC6400, ATI X1900 XT, Rig 3, Abit AN8 Fatal1ty, Opteron 185, 2 X 1024 Corsair PC3200C2PT ATI X1950 XTX Rig 4 Abit UL8 3800 X850 Pro

DVD Shrink
    DVDFab Decrypter
    Drive Image XML

I can run a whole computer on freeware.
    TheGreatRaymond@sbcglobal.net
    Please indicate you are from SysOpt in subject line so you don't get deleted as spam

There's are a lot of free programs out there, this is the one that I use the most, http://www.iespell.com/
    It does come in handy. After it's installed just right click on any text and it's ready to check your spelling.
    Good Luck