Thread: wireless keyboard/mouse

wireless keyboard/mouse

hey...im trying to get one, for my dell 700m (laptop), and am puzzled by which type would be the best choice - not to mention i have no idea what RF and IR is.

well, i know the 700m doesnt have bluetooth, so thats out
    newegg shows an IR choice and a RF choice.
    i dont know what these are, im guessing thats infrared, but i wouldnt know how to connect these things.

basically what i'm tryign to do is take the laptop to class, bring it back to the room, put it on my desk, and have the computer recognize the keyboard and mouse automatically.

helpppppp thx

IR is infared

RF is radio frequency

IR is line of site while RF would not be.

Just get an RF one with a usb interface, when you get back from class, you plug the USB in and you should be fine. Works more along the lines of the mouse and keyboard being picked up by the receiver, once it has them you are good to go.

When you get one, buy better batteries, they ship with cheapo's.

thanks, any recommendations for one?

what's the range for RF and IR?
    so basically, if im in my bed, like 15ft away lets say, or a chair 5 feet away, id have to go with the RF?

there are so many models, how do i choose? i'd like to get the most responsive keyboard, with good mouse tracking - my friend had a combo from compaq, and the mouse quality was terrible.
    would it be difficult to find all this for under $30?

oh and whats the range on these RFs?
    I am considering this one perhaps, even though its above 30, just because i can recharge the mouse. that could save a bunch of time and batteries. right? i wont be missing anything with this oem package like the retail right?
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16823126171

otherwise, these look good?
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16823126131
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16823126168

thanks.

The last one is the only USB one. Check the specs on the range though. 15ft may be pushing it. BTW hows you eye site? 6 ft is a long way from the monitor for me.

i have used the first one you have listed for two years...i have never replaced the battieries and the charge on the mouse will last longer than one would think. It will recharge quickly and some(not ALL) of the hot buttons that are provided work very well not to mention the volume control there on the keyboard.You cant go wrong with the logitech duo...

oh wow, good call with the USB thing. def cant have one usb and one ps/2 connection. that would just be a hassle. well looks like these come with duracells, not cheapo batteries, so i guess i'll be set for a year atleast.
    i do like that rechargable mouse idea, too bad its ps/2.
    think i made up my mind. i hope that last one isnt so cheapo feeling - meaning plasticy and sticky keys, etc.

The price of any non rechargeable batteries is ridiculous and just plain a poor investment. 4 x AAA NiHm plus charger for $12.00. How you going to beat that?