Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Very few posts here

Very few posts here

Anybody else here think that the poor posting here is related to the policy change making this a no post count forum???

Can't be all that good for revenue on the Sysopt site can it?

I know I certainly lost my enthusiasm

This issue seems like the elephant in the refrigerator to me. Everybody knows it's there but nobody is talking about it.

I came here with enough wus to place fairly well in the rankings (within the top 10), and tried to do my share to bolster our team, until Sysopt pulled the rug out from under us. I'm pretty sure I can contribute elsewhere and be happier, but I really don't relish the idea.

Here I get to post my usual BS in OT and occasional wisdom in computing, but my real input and enthusiasm was in seti, and quite frankly I think that enthusiasm has been dissed, dismissed, and I feel that Sysopt has turned their back on us, and also my basic enthusiasm for seti has waned, and that's just not right. I know that at least one other very significant contributor might also bail. Maybe Sysopt should just come out and tell us all to go somewhere else!!!

What y'all fink???

BTW, I've never been a member of any other seti team. I thought I was fairly careful and ponderous in deciding which team to join.

As it is now, I just might discontinue wiv distributed computing altogether, with it's significant inconveniences and cost.

There seems to have been a drop in posts throughout the board really, apparently coinciding with the update I'm still crunching units for UD cancer research, even though the founder of our little team LoganX (and his website) seem to have vanished. If you're disillusioned with Sysopt's SETI team, maybe you could try something else. I too took a long time to pick a team to join, but in the end it's all pooled together anyway, so I guess it's all good - minus the comaraderie I suppose.

The decline I'm refering to is the one where a year or two ago, Distributed Computing was moved to the SysOpt Community forum group, and they stripped us of our post count, and looking at the performance of the board and our forum, participation, and post count now as opposed to then...

Also I really feel the 10 minute edit limit has backfired

I know I haven't posted as much. I hadn't realized that they had done away with the post count in this forum. Sad really because most of my posts were here helping people with client problems and the like.

I would hate to see people leave, But as of late this forum has been pretty dead.
    Maybe if we breathed some life back into it they would reconsider.

I also think seti needs to implement milestones back into their credit system to, something to work toward for us competitors. It was alot more fun when we had a goal to reach, and to congragulate members when reached a goal. Made you feel like you were on a team and not just a list of names.

I have not been into to seti as of late due to outages, the credit system, ect...

Boinc has brought many projects to 1 client and I for one have been joining may projects to share in my idle cycles.

Are you sure theres no post count? mine just went up.

I was pretty sure we still got post counts.......

testing.....

I know i dont crunch for Sysopt but sysopt was my first home and still a favorite hang out for me.

When I first decided to take the plunge into DC about 4 months ago I looked around for a suitable team and client and I did check sysopt out first but the spirit of team and general lack of activity in the DC thread made me finally decide to crunch elsewhere. If im going to invest my time, resources and $ its got to have a little feel of fun about it, it just didnt seem to be here.

Maybe this touches on some of what you are talking about, its all about the fun of the group and a good cause as well.

As noted as well, the forum does seem to be a bit slower lately, but this DC part has seemed a bit slower for longer yet. As fishybawb states, if its not working for you, switch. Shame starting over but sometimes the initial rush up the charts is the fun part.

Quote Originally Posted by Scavenger7
    Are you sure theres no post count? mine just went up.
    Well I'll be darn, looky there. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Scavenger7
    I know I haven't posted as much. I hadn't realized that they had done away with the post count in this forum. Sad really because most of my posts were here helping people with client problems and the like.

I would hate to see people leave, But as of late this forum has been pretty dead.
    Maybe if we breathed some life back into it they would reconsider.

I also think seti needs to implement milestones back into their credit system to, something to work toward for us competitors. It was alot more fun when we had a goal to reach, and to congragulate members when reached a goal. Made you feel like you were on a team and not just a list of names.

I have not been into to seti as of late due to outages, the credit system, ect...

Boinc has brought many projects to 1 client and I for one have been joining may projects to share in my idle cycles.

Yeah, our team spirit has waned. We used to have quite the camaraderie thing goiing on with the welcome thread and the milestone thread. Yer Pops was very instrumental in keepin it goin fer the longest time.

The outages thing really screwed the pooch there for a while, but that's mainly fixed now. Also being summer here it's the heat. I moved out of my four bedroom house and my current residence is very small, has marginal air conditioning, and the heavy breathing of the herd turns my little hovel here into an expensive noisy oven.

I'll also mention that boinc seems to interfere with my other computing more than the old CLI used to so I'm turning it off more and consequently forgetting to restart it, sometimes for days.

The lack of milestones thing has also contributed largely to our demise I'm finkin. There's not really all that much to get excited about just sittin in a room full of computers listening to all the fans with the tv way too loud. Admittedly I do have a 1500 watt sound system, but I don't relish going deaf just to get it over all the fan noise running the air on high

Maybe somebody can come up with some creative ideas to get our team inspired again?

Wow, it's a desert here... I'm crunching for Seti again, still on the old team. It won't last too long though, when the weather warms up, I'll be shutting down. I'm not going to pay to air condition a bunch of seti heaters any more

I can change that if it's that big an issue

Hey JP. I noticed how nobody has posted to distributed computing in a very long time. Also most of the old team has left Seti. Where did everybody go?