Thread: Hate It When Search Leads To Link Farms

Hate It When Search Leads To Link Farms

Don't you just hate it when you are trying to do a search for something and you end up at a link farm or a spamming search directory?
    Improvise - Adapt - Overcome
    SafeSearch is off

Shouldn't this be off-topic?

But yes, that frustrates me...but over the years I've become skilled at identifying them before I click on them.

I figured it was border line.
    SafeSearch is off

Well, the post count helps.

Intimate Member
    Dontcha just hate it when somebody creates a term...and you have to ask what it actually means?...LOL, link farm?

Is the following URL considered a link farm?.. I have had this one set as my home page for years..when they had only 15 or 20 links, LOL

http://www.hotsheet.com/

Ultimate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovon
    Dontcha just hate it when somebody creates a term...and you have to ask what it actually means?...LOL, link farm?

Is the following URL considered a link farm?.. I have had this one set as my home page for years..when they had only 15 or 20 links, LOL

That looks like what I would consider a link farm, LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Bovon

(1) The process of exchanging reciprocal links with Web sites in order to increase search engine optimization. The idea behind link farming is to increase the number of sites that link to yours because search engines such as Google rank sites according to, among other things, the quality and quantity of sites that link to yours. In theory, the more sites that link to yours, the higher your ranking in the search engine results will be because the more links indicate a higher level of popularity among users of the Internet. However, search engines such as Google consider link farming as a form of spam and have been implementing procedures to banish sites that participate in link farming, so the term link farming has garnered negative connotations across the Internet.
    http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/L/link_farming.html
    Some people are just "Newbies"
    SafeSearch is off

C'mon, what's in a farm? Lots of produce right? And it keeps growing... So, link farm... Lets break this down: Link = an internet adress you click on to get to somewhere else... Farm = an area for growing large quantities of crops (and chicken poop... :S). So it's basically a plantation for bountiful links to places that are irrelevant to your search query. LOL! I hate those!!!

Intimate Member
    Ahhh sooo, "I see, said the blind man".

Some people are just "Newbies"
    GRRRRRRRRR!!

Yeah those link farms are definitely irritating, and a huge waste of time, they do it to spam you when you visit them
    i7-3970X, Corsair H80, 32GB G.SKILL, ASUS RAMPAGE4 Formula, VG278H(3x27")+3D Vision2, EVGA GTX 690(x2), OCZ ZX1250W, 256GB Vertex4(x2), Seagate 3TB(x5), Antec LanBoyAir, Logitech G510, G600, Z560THX, T.Flight Hotas, PZ35, Sennheiser PC163D, TrackIR5

Yea it's a waste of time.. and I really don't see why these sites exist... if only to exist
    since they offer no content ..... (baddog .. bite 'em! )

How fast can I drag and drop links and close pages?
    Faster than you can imagine...

Bovon your page is different from those link farms & hello BTW

What's really annoying is when a link on a link farm page takes you to another link farm page.

And with all the "leetspeak" that is now mainstream (e.g., "phishing") why isn't this called "pharming"?

Or is it?

Dang n00bz!