Thread: memory for Intel D875PBZLK

memory for Intel D875PBZLK

ok.... im ready to wrap this thing up finally and make my last order for what i need to finish building my dream machine. memory.......

i started looking into it the other day, and was blown away. i havent built a computer for a couple years, and have never built a computer with this extreme of setup.

when looking at the intel's spec sheet for memory capabilities, i could have sworn it said pc4000 mem., "up to 4gb". so, naturally, i want 4x 1gb sticks of corsair pc4000 ddr ram. now i find that i cant get a 1gb stick of corsair ram at pc4000. also the intel spec sheet says:

The Desktop Board D875PBZ has four DIMM sockets and supports the
    following memory features:

2.6 V (only) 184-pin DDR SDRAM DIMMs with gold-plated contacts
    Unbuffered, single-sided or double-sided DIMMs with the following
    restriction: Double-sided DIMMs with x16 organization are not
    supported
    4 GB maximum total system memory.
    Minimum total system memory: 64 MB
    ECC and non-ECC DIMMs supported
    Serial Presence Detect
    DDR400 and DDR333 SDRAM DIMMs

-------------------------------------------------

the memory i want to use:
    http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_g...sterid=1254456

also, the memory says its optimal @ 2.75v and the mobo is only supplying 2.6v.

what do i do?

Intel never lists higher than industry specs for their boards. PC3200 is correct. PC4000 is out of spec, specifically for overclocking. The higher voltage also goes along with OCer's ram. Normal voltage is 2.5V. Basically, you're looking at overclocker's ram for a non-overclocking board. it's a waste of money.

just go to crucial.com and run the configurator. you don't necessarily have to buy crucial, but at least you can find out what is compatible.

awesome... thanks for the help. going to get this ordered and after 7 months of waiting finally have a badass pc to work on.