Thread: New AMD Athlon FX Targets High-End Gamers

New AMD Athlon FX Targets High-End Gamers

Unlike the rest of AMD's product lineup, the Athlon FX line won't be moving to a dual-core architecture for some time. The company contends (rightly) that most games are single-threaded, and aren't likely to benefit from dual-core processors. However, AMD said that once the games market has adopted multi-threading, it will offer a dual-core Athlon FX processor.
    This quote seems to be a bit of a contradiction when you consider there was no real market\software for 64bit home processing when they first announced the 64bit desktop CPU.

Maybe it means there's trouble with the Dual Core FX line???

I do not think so, They are just saying dual core is better workstation stuff right now as there are no big name multithread games.....

I think everyone is taking a lesson from Nvidia's 7800 release.... Boo on you if it's a paper release...

So take the easy (Just been graded and paved) high road... and wait till you have enough to share!
    Rig 1, MSI K9A2 Platinum, 6400 Blackie, 2 X 2048 AData, MSI 3870; Rig 2, MSI K9A2 CF, 5000 Blackie, 2 X 1024 Patriot PC6400, ATI X1900 XT, Rig 3, Abit AN8 Fatal1ty, Opteron 185, 2 X 1024 Corsair PC3200C2PT ATI X1950 XTX Rig 4 Abit UL8 3800 X850 Pro

Ultimate Member
    If I had the money or the idea that this is a good idea to buy over the better IMO dual cores, then I might buy one.

But since that's not the case, I'll just be happy with my 3200+ venice core @ 2.6Ghz

Ultimate Member
    I would have loved to read that little article, but this **** Dell advertisment is keeping me from doing so. . Its also keeping me from seeing most of what i'm typing here, so i'm sorry for any spelling errors.

The last few posts of

http://www.sysopt.com/forum/showthre...hreadid=181939

may be of some help to you!

Quote Originally Posted by RamonGTP
    I would have loved to read that little article, but this **** Dell advertisment is keeping me from doing so. . Its also keeping me from seeing most of what i'm typing here, so i'm sorry for any spelling errors.
    I'm sorry you had this problem. If you are using the Firefox browser, try searching for the "Adblock" extension which can disable many types of ads, especially ones which keep you from using a website the way it was intended. Just keep in mind that many sites depend on ad revenue so you might consider only blocking the REALLY painful ads.

Cheers

ive been reading about 64-bit processors in diff mags including pc mag and everyones still saying you wouldnt notice the difference except for the labeling