Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Well this sucks....

Well this sucks....

First off, I know I will survive so don't go offering my condolences and such ****. This is simply a PSA for men who are dealing with or have dealt with similar situations. After 5 years of marriage, the wife has decided she hates me and wants a divorce. She hates me because I am trying to get her into counseling to save our marriage. In a nut shell, she has a bit of a controlling personality and doesn't like that I am no longer jumping when she throws a mental hissy fit. I was diagnosed with latent type 1 diabetes for my birthday in April (so that's why I was peeing so much...), and the care I will need is evidently too much for her to handle. This would be a watershed "don't let the door hit you on the *** on your way out" moment if not for the 7 week old baby girl that we share chromosomes with. I know, I know post partum is a byach. This isn't post partum. She has been lobbying for a divorce for about 2 years now; I just haven't been smart enough to hear her. I guess when she snapped my HL2 CD's in half it should have been a clue she was a touch unbalanced.

I should have known that Marrying a Non-Gamer was a mistake.

Thank god the house is in both our names.
    Just A Curb Side Profit

I would have walked out on her at the HL2 incident

must be harsh on the kid.

what is PSA?

Complete & Utter Member j.m@talk's Avatar
    Most wives, daughters, aunties, poodles etc etc hate me too......... The fact that I haven't met most of em doesn't seem to change matters

DANG dude!

I know

One of my clients was walked out on by her hubby when they found out that she had cancer (now in remission).
    Was a dirty stinking piece of crapola that guy is.

On a positive note, he did the right thing and hanged himself some 4 months later.

If you want something bad enough you can find a way. What you have to decide is, are the games worth more then the marriage? In you wife's point of view, I don't think they are. She is looking at the long term picture. Women always do. You want cheap thrills at a minimum of personal expense.

BTW...diabetes is a controllable illness. Don't make it an excuse for your own short comings. That's really not an issue unless you make it one.
    Last edited by ukulele; 06-27-2005 at 06:57 PM.

Originally posted by ukulele

BTW...diabetes is a controllable illness. Don't make it an excuse for your own short comings. That's really not an issue unless you make it one.
    I know this. She is concerned about the finanical costs of the insulin and $25 co-pays to see the doctor. I am not phased by the diabetes anymore. I am in good care, and know that unless I skip insulin and slam Krispy Kremes for a week all should be well. I wasn't intending to complain about the diabetes. She finds it to be bothersome, not me.
    Just A Curb Side Profit

One of my friends does that. He just keeps on and on about how its affected his life and he can't just lead an ordinary life any more.
    When he gets going about it I just leave. Hes asked me why I'm so rude, I just tell him that if he doesn't know why then to keep his mouth shut.
    I think hes starting to get the picture that people don't give a dam about his hypochondria at long last. I've noticed that he doesn't whine when I'm visiting him any more.

Originally posted by porsch1909
    I would have walked out on her at the HL2 incident

must be harsh on the kid.

what is PSA?
    Public Service Announcement.

I think the Dog will suffer more than the kid.
    Just A Curb Side Profit

I have type 2 diabetes,, not to mention a host of other troubles. I don't use it as an excuse for much, other than watching what I eat, etc.

The wife accepts that I have had to change my habits, and such, so we have no trouble. If your wife has problems with you're being diabetic, you'll have stress and that's not good, messes up the sugars honestly., If you can get he to counciling good, if not, you'd be better off without her.

What is troubling is that two people that were on the fence would decide to have a child. Having a child will break up a weak relationship faster than just about anything else.
    Good luck in the future.

Originally posted by leprechaun_40
    If you can get he to counciling good, if not, you'd be better off without her.
    That’s what id do, if she cant stick by you because of health problems then tell her to feck of, even if the games are the problem which I don’t think they are, women in general will blame something else to cover what the really problem is, in a nut shell kick her out. I would. I love my wife but if she couldn’t handle what I do for a living and take me for what I am, she isn’t worth it, the door would hit her on the way out.

I'd just get another 6 pack

Flip er over your knee & use the belt on her. You may get thrown in jail but it will be worth it. Who knows, it might even straighten er out.