Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Geforce 7800 GTX pricing revealed, BFG/XFX OC'ed Specs

Geforce 7800 GTX pricing revealed

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=24078

Looks like BFG and their preOC'ed goodness are going into their 7800GTX.

IT'S TIME TO UNWRAP the mystery, how much money you should give away for Nvidia's upcoming Geforce 7800GTX cards.

We got some clocks and numbers of the cards available in UK and in former UK colony still proud part of commonwealth, land known as down under, Australia.

In Wednesday OcUk will have three versions of the 7800GTX cards clocked and priced differently. You will be able to buy Leadtek card for around £350 +VAT, those cards are clocked at default 430/1200 MHz. The Second Nvidia pet under the name of XFX will clock at 450 MHz core and 1250 MHz memory and will come for £390 +VAT while the fastest BFG will clock at quite high 460 MHz core and 1300 MHz memory but will cost you £425 +VAT. For our US and EU reader's ₤350 + 17.5 percent of VAT – Value added tax ends up at ₤411 or should we say €614 in Euro land or $752 in US. You can do the conversion for the other cards here. The ₤425 + VAT will get to amazingly expensive ₤499 or should we say €750 or incredible $913 US for a single card. You can find some currency converter and play with them to get some more prices, that is exactly what we did.

In Australia cards are already listed and you will be able to buy them for close to $900 Australian. We have to thank our loyal Australian readers for help on those prices. That will transfer to ₤382.33, but we don’t know is VAT included. For that money you will get XFX Geforce 7800 256Mb 16xPCI-E Video Card + 2xDVI/TV Out while Sparkle NVIDIA Geforce 7800GTX will be priced at AUD$849.00. You can check those claims here unless Nvidia make those guys to take it down.

I guess that you will be buying them in US as soon as Nvidia press the button but won't be the cheapest thing ever. µ

Ultimate Member
    $900+ for a single video card?!?!?!?

Console gaming it will be for me if thats the case. If my conspiracy theories are true, thats what they want anyway. Its an unfortunate situation really, I quite enjoyed PC gaming, if for nothing else but the joy of pushing your PC to the next level of performance and beating out the other guy. That type of competition won't be there for consoles becuase they're all the same and everyone is on the same level. Now this is an advantage and a good thing for most people, but not for a enthusiest like myself and many of us here.

yeah, it's pretty insane. you could possibly get BOTH a PS3 and XBOX360 for the same price as the 7800GTX.

Hate to say it but its looking that way more and more, I think this is the start of PC gaming going downhill console is looking a cheaper every year

For one its not like you will need a 7800 for gaming anytime soon. Second if they arent selling dont you think nvidia will either lower the price or put out a mid range ver like the 6600gt its all about selling numbers for them. If they see the market wont support that kinda money they will do something to sell more trust me. I have seen alot of info saying that the msrp is going to be 499 us. I guess by next week this time we will know alot more
    Last edited by Damins; 06-20-2005 at 11:47 PM.

Ultimate Member
    No, they won't do anything if they don't sell, reason being is that their high end cards dont make them very much money at all, anyone with half a brain would know that a $900 video card will not sell. nVidia stands to make MUCH more money of console sales then they could ever hope to make with their high end video cards, its in their best interests to drive people towards the console market, especially if they're getting incentives from Sony and M$

well, that is first day release price. once the dust settles, the prices should drop. we'll just have to play the waiting game again.

Ultimate Member
    Yeah, as with all technolgy, the price will drop eventually, but I doubt it would drop due to lack of sales, but more the natural order of the market.

$900???? I've never heard of such madness. I could build a decent computer for that price! I hope Nvidia gets their heads screwed on straight, because I will only pay $400 for a card tops! I will never go over that in any way shape or form for a single card. that's rediculious. I don't care how powerful these things are, I can't justify dropping almost a grand to buy a single video card.

I agree...it looks like console gaming is starting to beat out PC gaming, price and otherwise. This is plain ridiculous.

Ultimate Member
    PC gaming still has some hope yet!

newegg

Still not cheap by any stretch of the imagination, but about where I would expect the price to be.

I'll be posting a little review Thursday. Everybody get ready
    P4 3.0Ghz
    512 DDR
    80 Gig
    GeFource Fx 5900
    Audigy 2 Platinum
    Creative 6.1 6600

Whats not to love

Ultimate Member
    Looks like my link isn't working any longer... Well, anyway... It was a list of 3 or 4 different 7800GTX cards, all priced at $599

Strange, looks like newegg has pulled the 7800GTX cards... I guess priceing is still up in the air.
    Last edited by RamonGTP; 06-22-2005 at 01:42 AM.

$900AU is about $700US. Retail pricing is supposed to be around $600US, but you gotta follow the law of supply and demand. Newegg is probably going to jack up the price.

I can crank out if pushing at my max 6313 3D marks on an overclocked Athlon XP platform with an X800 XT (flashed Pro VIVO). They only scored 1500 better than that on an FX-57 platform. I imagine most 6800 and X800 owners with A64 platforms have an even smaller gap. If this is the next generation, I'm not buying it - and that price insults me. I'm supposed to pay you 5 to 6 hundred dollars only a year or so after I just paid you that and it is for a 20% improvement at best? No. If this is what ATi fears (if it still does), The R520 must be a mess.