Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: The Judicial Filibuster

That's only because such a mass scale didn't exist before then. Hell, we've only been communicating freely around the world for a few years. Those pyramids were built by willing participants then?

Excuses...excuses. It did not take technological advance for the Western powers to increase slavery on a never-before-seen scale. It just took military power and a vast navy. The only technology they used were wind-sale ships that were hardly superior to the excellent navigable abilities of the SouthEast Asian people, whom hundreds of years before had navigated most of the southern pacific in their smaller vessels.

NEVER BEFORE has there been slavery on such a mass scale and on such a merciless extent as there was with the European Colonial Empires and with the USA.
    Don't fool yourself into false hate for Americans. There is too much of that already. Slavery was rampant world wide and introduced to America by Europeans in the first place. If it was not for Americans we would still have slavery on a vast scale. To make blanket statements like the one above only cheapens your arguement and make you appear uneducated.

Originally posted by PersianKnight
    BTW - It is true that slavery happened to an extent before the European empires and the US - but NEVER BEFORE has there been slavery on such a mass scale and on such a merciless extent as there was with the European Colonial Empires and with the USA. They abolished slavery once they saw no more need for it - because the revenue that they generated from the slavery was so great that it was MORE than sufficient to invest into the state capitalist system.
    America is the one place that slavery became a major issue and where it was brought to the forefront in society. If the vast scale you're referring to is that # of slaves in a single country, you're probably right. However, slavery has existed, in some form or another, since the beginning of recorded history--and probably long before it.

Also, you're a bit late in hating America for slavery. It was abolished, and the constitution amended, a very long time ago.

Did you not read my last post?

"They abolished slavery once they saw no more need for it - because the revenue that they generated from the slavery was so great that it was MORE than sufficient to invest into the state capitalist system."

It's like using and abusing black people... once u get enough money out of exploiting them...u dump them and leave them without any rights (because u don't need them anymore) and with an inferior social status. None of the money earned from slavery was truly invested into the black community - giving them decent wages and comfortable living. It took until the 1970's before they were treated decently and fully integrated into society.

BTW - The Native Americans were slaughtered by Europeans who decided to stay there and call themselves 'Americans'....Mmmm....

BTW - The Native Americans were slaughtered by Europeans who decided to stay there and call themselves 'Americans'....Mmmm....
    I see you are finally beginning to get the picture.

Did you not read my last post?

"They abolished slavery once they saw no more need for it - because the revenue that they generated from the slavery was so great that it was MORE than sufficient to invest into the state capitalist system."

It's like using and abusing black people... once u get enough money out of exploiting them...u dump them and leave them without any rights (because u don't need them anymore) and with an inferior social status. None of the money earned from slavery was truly invested into the black community - giving them decent wages and comfortable living. It took until the 1970's before they were treated decently and fully integrated into society.

I read your post. I replied to it. I don't agree with your reasons as to why slavery was abolished, and I doubt it's very widely held either--once you look at the historical facts surrounding the end of slavery, you'll disagree too.

Slavery isn't LIKE using and abusing people, it IS using and abusing people. What it sounds like you are arguing about is something that is long gone and which nothing can be done about. Slavery was awful, and the treatment of blacks for years was awful too, but to get worked up about it now doesn't do anything. We can't go back and change history, so that we went from slavery directly to equal rights and an equal place in the eyes of the people.

You know what's really ironic--it took a century for blacks to begin to get their equal rights, and now so many talk only about black this and black that. They're given full integration, only to turn around and desire re-segregation. I guess they just wanted to be able to do it on their own terms.

The black people alive today weren't slaves, weren't subjected to the lives of slaves, and have absolutely no idea (anymore than I do) about what life must have been like as a slave.

As for the native Americans, sure they were dealt a pretty devastating blow with the colonization and spread of the US. Not unlike any other native people in history. The world looks like it does today because of war and the conquering of other people. Why are you singling out the US?

Wait, I know. Sysopt found yet another US-hater to contribute to the Off-Topic forums. Lovely. Welcome!

I think someone should do to this thread like they did to that chick down in florida......PULL THE PLUG!

Originally posted by mireland
    I think someone should do to this thread like they did to that chick down in florida......PULL THE PLUG!
    You are not being forced to read this thread, and you are not being forced to post in it either. If it bothers you, then just go post "I like cake" in the silly threads if you no likey.

I don't hate the people...i just hate the government and the economic system.

BTW - Never before in history had one country done so much damage in so short a time as has the US. Think of that. It is a country that lives and dies fast - in the grand scheme of things, because it uses up soo much energy that it is not enough to sustain it.

Think about it...as long as there has been a country known as 'Britain' or 'UK' - it had not done as much damage within 250 years of its conception as had the US. True...countries and Empires have done lots of killing and raping throughout the years - but no country has ever done so much damage since its conception as a state or 'people' in as quick a time and large a scale as the US. For that...the US deserves to be awarded a medal.

Anyway...i think i'm treading sligghhtly of-topic here.
    Last edited by PersianKnight; 06-02-2005 at 02:20 PM.

Originally posted by tantone
    You are not being forced to read this thread, and you are not being forced to post in it either. If it bothers you, then just go post "I like cake" in the silly threads if you no likey.
    I like cake...better?

I don't hate the people...i just hate the government and the economic system.

BTW - Never before in history had one country done so much damage in so short a time as has the US. Think of that. It is a country that lives and dies fast - in the grand scheme of things, because it uses up soo much energy that it is not enough to sustain it.

Think about it...as long as there has been a country known as 'Britain' or 'UK' - it had not done as much damage within 250 years of its conception as had the US. True...countries and Empires have done lots of killing and raping throughout the years - but no country has ever done so much damage since its conception as a state or 'people' in as quick a time and large a scale as the US. For that...the US deserves to be awarded a medal.

Anyway...i think i'm treading sligghhtly of-topic here.
    Since you choose to focus solely on the bad and ignore the good to determine your hate, there can be no reasoning with you.

Congratulations on living in the UK. Don't bother visiting the US--you won't like it and it won't like you.

Since you choose to focus solely on the bad and ignore the good to determine your hate, there can be no reasoning with you.

Congratulations on living in the UK. Don't bother visiting the US--you won't like it and it won't like you.

actually our country wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for all the STINKING politicians(and I mean ALL of them)

Originally posted by mireland
    actually our country wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for all the STINKING politicians(and I mean ALL of them)
    Nah, there are a few who are ideal. They're just such a small minority that the majority of their own parties shut them down far too often.

Nah, there are a few who are ideal. They're just such a small minority that the majority of their own parties shut them down far too often.
    So says the wise old man from Texas.