Thread: Doom Movie Screen shots

Doom Movie Screen shots

Im looking forward to it anyways.

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/doom-3/609519p1.html

The rock is in it!!??

I heard they stripped alot of the plot, like the whole hell part...jeez...ruin the fun for us non christians (ill go take this bush bashing to the OT section)

still looks good, mabey another resident evil, but w/out a hot girl, and they put the rock in there insted

1 hand up for now...

For some odd reason, I'll go see anything with The Rock in it. I give it 3 out of 5 SysOpts.
    Athlon 64 X2-3800 @2400MHz
    Asus A8N Motherboard
    GeForce 6800 GT @ 410/1100
    2048MB OCZ DDR550 2-3-3-8
    120gb Seagate / 160GB Seagate HDDs
    480W Enermax Whisper II
    Creative Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS Gamer

Banned
    the rock was on the daily show last week talking about it. it looks like it's going to be prety good.

Hmmm. Doom is about:

A lone Space Marine
    A base on Mars
    A portal to Hell
    Demons from Hell

The movie is about:

A team of marine/SWAT guys
    NOT on Mars
    No portal to Hell
    Poeple made into zombies by a virus

Sound familiar? Its going to be complete rubbish.
    All thats been done is take a completely unrelated movie and stick the Doom title on it!
    Talk about giving the middle finger to Doom fans!
    The same fans that will be pretty much the only people interested in this movie in the 1st place.

I will read reviews before I see it.

I'll probably rent it for $3 instead of going to see it for $8.
    Athlon 64 X2-3800 @2400MHz
    Asus A8N Motherboard
    GeForce 6800 GT @ 410/1100
    2048MB OCZ DDR550 2-3-3-8
    120gb Seagate / 160GB Seagate HDDs
    480W Enermax Whisper II
    Creative Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS Gamer

Thats what I'm going to do.
    I think Universal will lose money on this one, at least till its DVD release.
    When will these big studios learn not to change things so much, it always damages the film and the profits it makes.

I hope this movie is good... I would hate to see a bad movie associated with an awesome game.

Don't get your hope up too much then.
    For all intents and purposes, its just Resident Evil with a Doom sticker slapped on it.

finally some good news

------------------------

Doom Movie- First Footage and Details

escription
    Fans of the Doom gaming franchise may be feeling a bit better today as the first in-movie footage, shown at the Comic-Con convention in San Diego, suggests that its creators have listened to fans. The biggest news regarding the Doom movie effort had to do with aspects of the story and how the original game story is being incorporated into the movie script.

The cast and production team members of the movie formed a panel at Comic-Con in an attempt to put gamers at ease with the movie and to repair relations with the gaming community which had severely deteriorated in the past few months.

The first news which should make Doom fans feel better is that Mars is now on and most of the movie will take place on the red planet. Doom the movie will also not be rated PG-13 but R with the Rock himself claiming that the movie is: ...unapologetic as hell, faithful and gory. We are not sure if the mention of hell in the quote is meant to be a clue that the ultimate evil lair will be included in the movie.

The Doom team also confirmed that the movie will also include the most creatures of evil from the game including Hellknight, The Baron, Imps and Pinky Demons. According to Dave Callaham, the movie plot will follow the games closely but no details were divulged except for a short statement that it involves a ...team on Mars chasing real evil, bad things. Some confusion was caused when the movie team claimed that in the movie we will see how the monsters are created.

To further demonstrate how important the games have been to the movie creation process, the crew involved claimed that iD had been and is still, involved in the project since day one. A variety of corridors and labs are almost recreations of their in-game counterparts while extra attention to detail has been paid with the in-movie computer screens featuring the same images as those seen in the game.

In order to recreate the monsters required, the special effects teams decided on using a lot of physical props and effects rather than going all-out on CG creations. While The Rock insists that the only reason he wanted to join the movie was the chance to shoot the BFG which he claims is huge. The Rock, Karl Urban and the rest of the actors playing the marines have been trained by SAS man, Tom McAdams in order to make their movements a realistic depiction of an elite unit in combat.

All this may be interesting but what really won the crowd over at the Comic-Con was a 3 minute clip from the movie, taken from an overall 6 minute in-movie sequence. In the footage shown, Karl Urban is seen in a room, looking slightly hurt, sitting on the floor. Just as he passes out, the camera moves into his head, through his eye and, following the necessary flash, we are back in the room. This time however, we can see things through Urban's eyes in a style very similar to that used in the Doom games. The first images we see are of Mr. Urban himself in a mirror, another nod to the games. What follows next is a continuous barrage of FPS action with a lot of lock'n'load and the odd tribute to gaming, through the use of shadows and the familiar Doom 3 corridors and labs. This sequence alone seems to suggest that the Rock is right when he claims that The intensity of the game is in the movie. From minute 5 we're there. Non-stop train ride to Hell. Pay attention to yet another mention of the cauldron stacked basement by Mr. Johnson.

Back in the clip, the marine uses an assault rifle until, half way through the footage; he swaps it for a shotgun. The entire sequence is well made and seems to have retained much of what makes the games so popular. It remains for us to see if the movie makers will stop at this sequence or if they will manage to deliver an overall well crafted movie.

Doom the movie is expected to release in the U.S. on October 21, 2005 while stay with MegaGames for the trailer mentioned above as soon as it is released.

-------------------------------

http://www.megagames.com/news/html/m...ddetails.shtml
    ASUS A8N-E Motherboard : AMD X2 4800+ CPU : 2 GB Kingston ValueRAM : ATI EAX 1950XTX : Creative X-Fi Xtreme Music

Here is a little tearser the Rock will win, and the earth will not be destroyed. Sorry to ruin it for you; I just have a sense about these things.

Quote Originally Posted by jediburke
    Here is a little tearser the Rock will win, and the earth will not be destroyed. Sorry to ruin it for you; I just have a sense about these things.
    thanks for ruening the film -.-
    ASUS A8N-E Motherboard : AMD X2 4800+ CPU : 2 GB Kingston ValueRAM : ATI EAX 1950XTX : Creative X-Fi Xtreme Music

Personally I am impressed so far by this little bit of screnies and info...and I have alaways said that I think The Rock ( not his real name ) is actually a pretty good actor and has alot of sex appeal... He portrays well on screen as did Arnold and some of Sly....or even Harrison Ford.

While some people only thought The Scorpion King was iffy and not very good .. I disagree again ..as it was well done and had good humour ..and some good action.

Casting parts for a movie is really about half the batle as many a fair movie rose to the heights with good actors and actresses..
    Still. a movie has to have alot of fluidity and gel together in such a way to convey an interesting and entertaining storyline.

I would go see it..yes the DVD ..when it comes out will more than likely gross more money as the movie title is still only a known entity for gamers who have played it..and not the general pooulace...who will construe this movie to mean the world is coming to an end..when it is actually a script set on Mars.
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS