Thread: hosting plans?

hosting plans?

anyone know of some good hosting plans & domain registration and possibly some free email accounts for under maybe $100/yr?

Are you looking for dedicated hosting? Any specific languages you need?

GoDaddy
    Live by it: RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove

what do you mean by dedicated host? i'm a bit new to this..

i just want to have my own domain name and upto maybe 10 email addresses

by the way.. does it really make a diff ffor me as to whether the server is linux or windows? basically ill be making most stuff on dreamweaver and uploading it through an ftp/html program i have

This one is pretty good. $7.77 a month...

http://www.powweb.com/

Good luck!

oh i forgot to mention.. i need one where i can set up an online store because that's mainly what i'm setting up for.. i want to do an online business

i was looking at godaddy.com and it seems good because they offer one and allow me to take credit card and paypal payments without registering for it

i guess i'll change my new budget to about $500 a year if anyone knows of great packages.. i'll be sure to check out the recent ones some of you posted

can someone also explain what the diff would be between linux and windows for the server? basically most of my stuff will be made in dreamweaver or frontpage and uploaded with an ftp program i have

Originally posted by barbp
    can someone also explain what the diff would be between linux and windows for the server? basically most of my stuff will be made in dreamweaver or frontpage and uploaded with an ftp program i have
    The only reason to go with Windows is if you have a requirement for MS SQL or have to use ASP under a native environment, other than that a Windows is often less secure, less robust and much more expensive (usually). Linux on the other hand is free and can come loaded with all manor of things.

Your problem will be getting all you want for less < $100 (at least when converting that to ~ GBP £70). I'm with www.register1.net whom I'd heartily recommend and will do everything you need, well, for around £105 for 2 years (very good deal). The only issue is thats its a UK company with hosts in the London Docklands - if your market is US, best to use a US host. I would however seriously consider them as support is first rate and the speed over here is fantastic. If you do want to consider them, email jamie at serverstream.com (replace " at " with @) and tell him docevi1 sent you and he'll sort you out with any details you need (Serverstream runs register1 in case you wondered).
    Stefan

thanks for the info..

i actually changed my budget to about $300-350 depending on what i can get with the package.. looking for something that has an easy shopping cart setup and can take credit card orders

as I say, register1 fit that bill perfectly. Give Jamie an email!
    Stefan

thanks for the help

i actually found a better site that does everything for me at a better price..

http://websitesource.com