Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Canada slaughters animals

Canada slaughters animals

On Tuesday, March 29, the largest commercial slaughter of marine mammals on the planet began off Canada's Atlantic coast. By the end of this year's hunt in May, more than 300,000 baby seals will have been brutally killed—many, incredibly, as young as 12 days old.

An alarming number of the seals are skinned while alive and responsive to pain. Recently, an independent, international team of veterinarians observed the hunt and examined the corpses of skinned seals. They found evidence that up to 40% of them had skull injuries that were not sufficient to have caused death.

Many Canadians—as well as citizens of other nations—are appalled by the brutality and unsustainability of this pointless hunt. And they don't believe the claims by the Canadian government that the hunt is necessary to protect the region's crashing fish populations, which have been devastated by many years of industrial fishing. These people want the Canadian government to stop not only promoting the hunt, but also helping out the seal fur, meat, and oil industries.

Protest here: http://hsus.ga4.org/campaign/protectseals/step1.tcl
    Or here: http://www.hsus.org/marine_mammals/p...at_you_can_do/

For those of you that still aren't convinced: http://www.hsus2.org/slideshow-seal-hunt/sealhunt.html

If there is one thing I can't stand its a baby seal. Kill each and every last one of them!

Originally posted by Johnny Fist
    If there is one thing I can't stand its a baby seal. Kill each and every last one of them!
    shut up...

Its not funny when the other person hurts.

Well they can protest all they want. Newfoundland has 7 seats in the House and no Goverment will risk it over seals. Even though only 1.5% of Newfoundlanders accualy are seal hunters.

Complete & Utter Member j.m@talk's Avatar
    Newfoundland's are nice doggies tho

I think it's ridiculous. Takes a big man to walk up to a seal, who is just sitting there wondering what you're up to, and club it to death.

Let's see them try it when the seal has a club and may very well whack them back! Let's take a couple of these "hunters", knock them senseless with a baseball bat, skin about half while they're still alive, and see if the world stands up in abhorrence.

Hunting like this--the indiscriminate, inhumane slaughter of defenseless animals by archaic means--while blaming the hunted for the fish population when it's the same idiot bludgeoning the seals who caused the problem in the first place is wrong and should be abolished.

You know beyond a shadow of a doubt that if it were the US who was clubbing seals and Canada looking on, we'd be branded barbarians and enemies to nature.

In fact, hunting for any reason other than survival is brainless. Sitting up in some little WalMart camoflage fort with a high-powered rifle just to shoot something for a trophy. Grow a pair and make the fight equal: get out of the tree, strap on a kevlar helmet, and wrestle the animal to the ground in a fair fight, if you can catch him.
    Last edited by tantone; 04-08-2005 at 10:09 AM.

Banned
    hey adamST, I'll take a couple of them baby seal fur coat...

Complete & Utter Member j.m@talk's Avatar
    Nahh I seen seals being clubbed on this TV prog once......... Nasty

bush slaughters animals as well..they're called US TROOPS!

Oh spare me. They volunteered. Last time I checked, seals (and not the US Navy kind) didn't walk into a recruiters office to sign up to be offered up for slaughter.

Originally posted by tantone
    Oh spare me. They volunteered. Last time I checked, seals (and not the US Navy kind) didn't walk into a recruiters office to sign up to be offered up for slaughter.
    well it would be different if it were for a GOOD cause and not for some made up war bush thought of....

It's just a seal.

Originally posted by Someone Stupid
    It's just a seal.
    they're more important then most people...so disregard my remarks on bush slaughtering troops..

Originally posted by tantone

Let's see them try it when the seal has a club and may very well whack them back!
    The seals need to move to Florida. New self-protection laws coming there.
    Improvise - Adapt - Overcome
    SafeSearch is off