Thread: Importing Exchange address books into Outlook 98

Importing Exchange address books into Outlook 98

Hi Folks,

I've got a bit of a problem. I seem unable to import any personal address books into Outlook 98.
    When I use outlooks import/export function, gotol from other programs / Personal Address Book, it gives me this error:

"Personal Address Book Translators are not installed."

and it goes on to tell me that to install, I need to goto control panel / add/remove programs, and to select Outlook98.

Problem is, it isn't there.

The computers are running Windows NT and log into a domain. I have tried re-installing Outlook onto several of the computers, but with no difference.

Am I (for lack of a better word) screwed?

I only fear the worst as Google has provided zero help - Not just very little, but zero.
    And MS's knowledge base doesn't quite cover the problem. I did find out that Outlook 2000 will ask if I want to install the missing converter, but that's not going to help much.

Suggestions? Condolences?
    When you kill one, it is a tragedy. When you kill 10 million, it is a statistic.

EX Moderator-May He Rest in Peace rangeral's Avatar
    What OS are you using 98 or xp? You could try just copy and paste into outlook.

Windows NT.
    Exchange no longer runs, nor is it installed. Thus the reason I've been trying to import them.
    When you kill one, it is a tragedy. When you kill 10 million, it is a statistic.

What is the exact file ext of the address book?

Can someone pls delete the above post. Accident...

The file extension is .pab

When you installed Outlook 98, did you do a custom install and ensure that everything was installed, that nothing was left out?
    Last edited by tantone; 04-06-2005 at 11:35 AM.

No, I just did a standard install.
    Although that gives me something to go on, hopefully standard install just leaves it out.

If all else fails, I may try inporting it into Eudora or something similar and then back again.