Thread: Asus A7V8X and wires go where?

Asus A7V8X and wires go where?

I have a Asus A7V8X motherboard. I also have a new case with front USB's. I have two sets of 4 wires coming from the front that I would imagine are the wires for the front USB. (the exact location is hidden by the framework).

On one set of wires there are four separate colors and on each wire there is a black single push on clip. Marked on the clips are as follows:

+VCC +d -d ground

I looked at the asus website, their book that came with the motherboard, the cases website and cant find where these two sets of four wires go.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Red

Look at the diagrams of your board in the manual. There is a USB header with 9 pins in two rows. Put the single black harness on the odd pin and the others with the Vcc ends opposite (on the far end) from the single pin.

I find it difficult to believe that the manual doesn't have a small section on the USB header in this day and age.
    Last edited by BipolarBill; 04-05-2005 at 06:16 AM.
    MS MCP, MCSE

Thanks for the help. Ill double check the manual again. Maybe I have a page stuck together?
    Again thanks...

is extremely easy now in days

Most new Case makers color code the wires exactely as the Mobo has it

and there is some what of a fixed standard

the Manual usually is right

just post back if you have problem

i7-3970X, Corsair H80, 32GB G.SKILL, ASUS RAMPAGE4 Formula, VG278H(3x27")+3D Vision2, EVGA GTX 690(x2), OCZ ZX1250W, 256GB Vertex4(x2), Seagate 3TB(x5), Antec LanBoyAir, Logitech G510, G600, Z560THX, T.Flight Hotas, PZ35, Sennheiser PC163D, TrackIR5